Vert dont go up or down

Does anyone have a wiring diagram for a 95 mustang convertible?
the button doesnt work, it makes no noise what soever and i do have the emergency brake on but i dont know if that swich is broken or not.

any help would be greatly appreciated

thanks,
Chris

• Sponsors (?)

I don't have the wiring diagram. Just pull the switch and see if connected properly. The fuse is also a good option. I had this problem with my first stang but it was that the e-brake was not engaging. I would pull the handle, but the e-brake light wouldn't come on, so the top wouldn't go down. Check it out and you might even be able to hot wire it to where you don't need the brake anymore.

when you apply the emergency brake does the dash brake light illuminate..if it does'nt you might want to check the switch for the emergency brake they are bad about working loose the switch is located inside panel on the left side of the e-brake handle and is held in place by a screw that sometimes works loose and would cause this problem...

here is some more info that may help
95stangcircuitbreaker.jpg

95stangfuse.jpg

Attachments

• 95stangcircuitbreaker.jpg
    95stangcircuitbreaker.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 44
  • 95stangfuse.jpg
    95stangfuse.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 51
ok while messing around
i pulled the fuse and jumpered it i went back inside and messed with something that i thought was the brake switch and when i pressed the button the top went down but now again the switch doesnt work.
is there any way to just wire the relays directly to some battery source with a fuse?

Chris, it appears that your diagram is actually for a fox.

Ford changed the control path very little over the years with the vert stuff so that diagram is better than nothing. I expect the control side to be wired just a little differently due to the e-brake circuit needing to be active to energize the control side of the relays.

Good luck.

does anyone have the diagram for a 1995 convertible?
or could anyone please help me and tell me how to wire it up directly
my problem is that i am getting power sent to the relays but it only goes up or down when it wants

the funny thing is that when it wants to both ways work but when it decides not to work both ways dont work
can anyone describe both relays that are on the motor in the back cuz there are a few wires coming out of it and i cant figure it out
any help at all is greatly appreciated

If you can access the relays, look for the common and Normally Open terminals (the load carrying wires - both should be large gauge wire).

In the above schematic, they are the wires in the middle of the picture (with the fusible link running downward and branching into each relay).
If you are there, you can try to jump the common and NO terminals and make the top go up or down (you seem to be having an issue on the control side of the relays, so doing this jumping bypasses that).

If you want to run it down completely, if someone can post up the AZ schematic, we can help (I am not familiar with the e-brake component of the circuit since my fox doesnt have that).

Good luck.

after testing it for a little bit i have figured out that the switch is getting power and it is passing power all the way to the relay.
the only wierd thing is the 5th wire in the relay
it isnt accounted for on the fox diagram so im guessing its the saftey
i guess ill just mess with it some more

94 Mustang GT said:
after testing it for a little bit i have figured out that the switch is getting power and it is passing power all the way to the relay.
the only wierd thing is the 5th wire in the relay
it isnt accounted for on the fox diagram so im guessing its the saftey
i guess ill just mess with it some more
Actually anything like the E-brake nonsense would be on the control side of the wiring (Just like how the inertia switch is in series in the control side of the positive relay coil of the fuel pump relay). A fifth wiring terminal would connect battery power to something when the relay is not energized.