vibration problem please help

nelsonhrld

Jun 27, 2007
91 lxstock 302 stock t-5, 3.73 gears,bbk cai,hooker headers,03 cobra r wheels,carbon fiber hood,simpson racing seats w/5pt harness,ford racing 9mm wires.i bought her from my brother 3 years ago and she sat in the garage for the last 2 yrs. due to my newborn son whos now 3 rs old anyways these last few months ive been workin on her alot and cannot find a high speed vibration:bang: :shrug: it comes on at 55mph and gets really severe at 70mph and up ,it feels like its coming from the rear of vehicle .following is a list of repairs new u joints (when i got her the u joints were wasted)3.73 gears new beaings axles ,driveshaft balanced,replaced stock ponys with 03 cobra r rims,motor mounts and trans mount:bang: any help greatly appreciated ,thnx

• Sponsors (?)

99% of the time, vibration issues on geared cars are driveshaft problem.

however, since it sat for two years, try swapping the front tires to the rear, and the rears to the front. If that changes the nature of the vibration, there is your issue.

I'd also try as he suggested, try moving your driveshaft to different notches, and see if that helps.

however, sounds like the doctor just ordered an expensive alum driveshaft.

91 lxstock 302 stock t-5, 3.73 gears,bbk cai,hooker headers,03 cobra r wheels,carbon fiber hood,simpson racing seats w/5pt harness,ford racing 9mm wires.i bought her from my brother 3 years ago and she sat in the garage for the last 2 yrs. due to my newborn son whos now 3 rs old anyways these last few months ive been workin on her alot and cannot find a high speed vibration:bang: :shrug: it comes on at 55mph and gets really severe at 70mph and up ,it feels like its coming from the rear of vehicle .following is a list of repairs new u joints (when i got her the u joints were wasted)3.73 gears new beaings axles ,driveshaft balanced,replaced stock ponys with 03 cobra r rims,motor mounts and trans mount:bang: any help greatly appreciated ,thnx

my friend just complained to me about this for a week , saying his tranny was vibrating , few days ago he called me and said his engine was knocking , come to find out , his balancer had slipped on the engine and it wiped every bearing out of the bottom end of the engine , he got a 10/10 crank kit from local parts store and a new balancer , the old one had slipped 30 degrees , car is back up and running with 230K miles on it now ......