Vibration problem

bdydrpd88

Mar 14, 2009
Ok quick question I got a bad vibration problem in my 90 LX. Problem only happens when the car is under hard acceleration, I can put the car in first and soon as it hits around 5k rpms or so in any gear it starts vibrating really bad. The vibration feels like its coming from the transmission but once it starts the entire cabin of the car is vibrating. Someone today told me that maybe the transmission mount needs to be replaced, I did a once over today when I was replacing the rag joint on the car which was a pain in the butt lol but the transmission mount looks ok maybe a bit worn but nothing too bad. The rear end appears to be leaking fluid near where the driveshaft bolts into it my dad said maybe the seal needed to be replaced back in the rear end but would that cause a vibration like im feeling? The transmission as far as I know of is in good shape it goes through the gears just fine like I said up until you hit around 4-5k rpms it starts the vibration problem just wondering if anyone has heard of this before or can gimme a place to start looking. Dont get me wrong a little road vibration is ok but this is driving me nuts. The driveshaft also appears to be straight and true but the transmission appears when i pull theaccess plate like to put the shifter on the car the tranny appears to be cocked a bit to the left for some reason, any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

• Sponsors (?)

Mine is doing the same thing. Mines the tailshaft bushing. You can take your had close to the yoke on the driveshaft near the trans, and move it up and down about a 1/8th of a inch...My trans gears are all crying and the throw out bearing is going bad so I am kinda waiting for it to fall out. I got a bushing they are only about 15 dollors from autozone.

my 88 lx does the exact same thing to the tee. i have put an aluminum drive shaft in mine then put a polyurethane tranny mount and still i have the same prob. now ive just realized that my motor mounts are completly shot so im hoping replacing them will solve my problem so let me know what you do when you fix yours

Does it behave the same way when stationary and with the clutch in if you rev it up? If it does, then that would eliminate everything from the tranny backwards and you can focus on flywheel, pressure plate and crank damper.

With my car, it's been alot of little things and after each step it has gotten a little bit better: Aluminum driveshaft, motor mounts, replace bent axle. I hope tomorrow to have the car back together tomorrow after rebuilding the tranny, new clutch-flywheel-pp and putting in a new tranny mount. Hopefully it will improve a little more still. Next up, is a new crank damper.