Video: Consumer Reports compares Mustang Camaro Challenger

timeless2

Vi Veri Veni Versum Vicus Vici
Admin Dude
Nov 29, 1999
the Shadow Gallery
consumer_reports_mustang_comparison.png

The Big 3 have been in the news plenty here lately, that's for sure. Today, however, we aren't going to focus on financial crises, bailouts, or Who's on first. We're here to talk comparison & contrast: specifically between the revamped Ford Mustang, the redesigned Chevrolet Camaro, and the reborn Dodge Challenger. Consumer Reports has compiled a comprehensive test on these three contenders and produced a video to share with us on the results. If a picture's worth a thousand words, then this clip is worth...you get the idea. Grab some popcorn and a soda, because this one's worth watching.

Read more...

• Sponsors (?)

So i watched the one you posted and there are others from motor trend. They ran the 2010 mustang GT on the 1/4 mile at 13.5 seconds, the 2010 Camaro at 13.0 again, but im really surprised to see them state 13.5 for the mustang when car and driver and some others ran articles and track times at 13.7 and 13.8, specially knowing that there is a HUGE rivalry taking place and many people are looking closely at track times. The strange thing is that the motor trend said the camaro interior is better than the mustangs, made from better materials.... since everyone i have heard who has seen the camaro in person says the materials are those used on the 09 and earlier models, hard pastic. Sometimes i feel that the long time running opinions of the drivers and workers of the magazine put their opinions of the model (dating wayyy back) into play..... like when the motor trend video they stated that the camaro may not handle better than the mustang but it feels like it does. what does that mean? ohhh well, that is one of the first well does videos and track tests i have seen.

Finally saw the video. Of course, the camaro was favored "with all of its power and handling." What I didnt understand was the comment about the camaro being priced way less than an SRT8. Again, comparing apples to oranges. By the time you option-out a camaro, you are in the low/mid 40k range.....the same price that the SRT8 challenger is being sold for now.