Video of my Dyno Pulls at JLP!!!

• Sponsors (?)

I have to update my sig but the car basically has bolt ons and a VR-4 w/ a spearco intercooler. It is hard to hear the supercharger in the video, but it is an old ball drive supercharger and they are quite loud which is awesome in person. Everyone I know that sees the video thinks the the sound clip doesn't do it justice but I still think its cool.

To be completely honest I didn't expect those kind of numbers when I strapped onto the dyno. You hear many people expecting to pull big numbers and are upset when they are 50hp below what they were hoping for. Looking at my car realistically I thought I would be pleased with 325hp to the wheels (stock motor internals). However I spent alot of time tuning with the Tweecer and tried to pick my parts wisely. I was so close with my tune (done by seat of the pants) that when dyno tuning we only pick up a few HP. Johnny L. said that I had indeed done a very good job with the tune. Good, to hear from someone that is so respected in his field. (Just in case you don't know who "Johnny Lightning is, he has the quickest lightning on the planet, pick up the new MM&FF there is a feature on him and his Lightning in it. By the way John and his wife Sue are two of the nicest people on the planet, most performance shops are fill with a**holes and know-it-alls that walk around like they are the only ones on the planet who know anything about cars, trucks, and performance, this is simply not the case with John and Sue. THANKS GUYS!

I am overly pleased with it to this point. However by the end of this weekend the motor will be pull out of the car and I will finally break into the motor. I plan on just freshening up the bottom end and then doing a H/C/I setup. LOOK OUT 500HP!

I've also got my buddys' 2000 Lightning it the garage next to the car and currently we are tearing the engine out to build that up as well. Should be an interesting winter project along with cars engine build. I plan to update the progress with pics so stay tuned.

I don't know it off hand. I will have to check the Ford Racing catalog or find it online somewhere. However I believe that they need a 1/2" spacer to be flush to the rear fender perfectly. It is hard to see in the pics but in real life I think that the 1/2" would look better.

Well I started working on the car tonight to pull the engine. It took me about 3hr and besides for the tranny bolts and motor mount bolts it is ready to come out. Pretty good time I think especially with all the 3" and 4" piping for the supercharger and intercooler that needs to be removed (tight fit). All I need to do is get my fathers engine crane to pull it out and then the fun begins, AND I GO BROKE!