Visibility Issues with Quarter Window Scoops?

duke404

Oct 17, 2006
I have heard conjecture about the possibility of limited visibility in 05+ Mustangs fitted with quarter window scoops. Can anyone out there who's actually driven a Stang in this configuration tell me if visibility is really an issue? If so, how much of an issue?

• Sponsors (?)

Just out of Curiousity, who makes functional QUARTER WINDOW scoops? And are we talking functional in that the cool the brakes, if so I would think the quarter window would have to removed with some heavy modification to make them function correct?:shrug:

As for the OP Question, I have CDC smooth scoops that completly black the view out of the QW and you just have to rely on your side mirrors and look over your sholder more. IMO the QW provided only minimal visibilty anyway. If you are really concerned you could get louvred scoops and still maintain some visibility.

I have the CDC louvers. They are slotted and permit some visibility.
There's no way to cover the window, though, and not limit what you can see. It's better than some trucks and other vehicles I have owned.
The CDC louvers look great and give the car a more aggressive look in my opinion. They also make the car look more like the 1965 Mustang fastback I owned many years ago in high school. It was also my first car. I have no regrets with the louvers.

I have solid side louvers and slotted rear. Visability is fine for me. However, after a few HPDS I no longer drive like the normal daily driver so I am not a good benchmark. I could strap my head to the seat with a hans device and wear a SNELL 90 compliant helmet and still change lanes in traffic with no issue. It is not me I worry about but the other folks.

I personally like the louvers on this S197 body style. Looks awesome. The + drag; however, is another issue I will have to contend with when I take this one off road HPDS or 1/4 mile bracket next summer.