Forced Induction Vortech V3-si On 1994 Cobra

I bypassed my smog without a pulley and have no issues. There is a specific belt AND idler pulley you use and it works flawlessly. There will be enough tension on the belt without it squeaking! I'll get part numbers for you tomorrow. It's a b**ch getting the belt on, but it works nicely.

All the folks I've ever seen get the smog delete pulleys have had them only last a couple years before the bearings wear out.

Any updates on that idler pulley part number?

• Sponsors (?)

Sry, forgot to get the info.

Here's what I did, I bought 2 Dayco part#89006 idler pulleys, I used one for the upper idler pulley and one on the tensioner. Then I used a 85.5" belt. The pulleys were 18 bucks each and the belt was 30 I believe.

I've tried those smog pump elimination pulleys in the past and they tend to fail rather quickly. You buy these pulleys here and you won't have to worry about replacing them for at least 10 years. Also you get to clean up the smog pump area by not having anything down there.

Sry, forgot to get the info.

Here's what I did, I bought 2 Dayco part#89006 idler pulleys, I used one for the upper idler pulley and one on the tensioner. Then I used a 85.5" belt. The pulleys were 18 bucks each and the belt was 30 I believe.

I've tried those smog pump elimination pulleys in the past and they tend to fail rather quickly. You buy these pulleys here and you won't have to worry about replacing them for at least 10 years. Also you get to clean up the smog pump area by not having anything down there.

Do you happen to have a picture of the way you ran that?

Here's a picture although not the best and I made a diagram to illustrate the belt route:

IMG_3296.jpg

smogbypassblower.jpg

I wish I lived closer to ya, I'd come over and help you wrench on the car!

You could go ahead and get that pump swapped out now, that would make less work for you to do when the blower shows up! You could also install the ignition box.

The pulley should be aluminum, but it's anodized. Hit it with some oven cleaner, let sit for about 20 minutes. Hose it off, sand it with about 400 then buff it to a mirror finish. Viola! Polished pulley bliss....

Well how delightful. The carbon fiber wiper cowl has a GIANT scratch on it. And that ebay seller is now banned. The Raxiom headlights from American Muscle fit like :poo:. So now those are going back. However, at least the wheels are on.

There's my new wheels. This thing finally goes in the shop tomorrow for 42# fuel injectors, 90mm SCT MAF, 255 Walbro, MSD 6AL2, Aeromotive fuel rails, stainless lines, and the Vortech V3Si with custom tune and dyno. CAN NOT WAIT!

Anybody wanna start firing away guesses on my dyno numbers?