Vortech

• Sponsors (?)

I guess I'm against the grain on this one...

If I had a stock Mustang and had to do it all over again I would put the supercharger on it, upper intake, injectors, MAF and a fuel pump...have a nice 11 sec car that drives great. This is of course as long as the motor was in good shape, compression test and leakdown would be the first thing I would do. Then do the heads and bottom end when it needed it.

I went the NA route when I was on the mission for that elusive 11 sec ET which 3 years ago seemed to be much harder to get, after getting the power to go 11's I had to learn how to drive with that power and get it to the ground. It was fun, a lot of fun but I would have went the Supercharger route but my motor was in need of a rebuild so, I did the H/C/I, etc...

Being in CA you have to pass strict emissons right? Just be careful what you buy, the cam will be a big player for you....

You can find used computers for around $75-100 and then get the converison kit from Pro-M that is easy to use, buy a good meter 80mm Pro-M and your done.

The quiet V-2 SQ series is a stronger blower that will make more power, you may want to look into.

Rick 91GT said:
I guess I'm against the grain on this one...

If I had a stock Mustang and had to do it all over again I would put the supercharger on it, upper intake, injectors, MAF and a fuel pump...have a nice 11 sec car that drives great. This is of course as long as the motor was in good shape, compression test and leakdown would be the first thing I would do. Then do the heads and bottom end when it needed it.

I went the NA route when I was on the mission for that elusive 11 sec ET which 3 years ago seemed to be much harder to get, after getting the power to go 11's I had to learn how to drive with that power and get it to the ground. It was fun, a lot of fun but I would have went the Supercharger route but my motor was in need of a rebuild so, I did the H/C/I, etc...

Being in CA you have to pass strict emissons right? Just be careful what you buy, the cam will be a big player for you....

You can find used computers for around $75-100 and then get the converison kit from Pro-M that is easy to use, buy a good meter 80mm Pro-M and your done.

The quiet V-2 SQ series is a stronger blower that will make more power, you may want to look into.
Do you really believe a blower with upper intake and bolt ons will net 11 second time slips? About how many PSI you talking about having to run? I really need to buy another intake I guess. Need to get this baby tuned no doubt, hopefully I can do that in the up comming months.

Rick, do you think a ignition box is a need at this point? Some say yes and some say no. I figured I would ask you, im sure it would help but is it a true need?

Dave

92GreenGT said:
Do you really believe a blower with upper intake and bolt ons will net 11 second time slips? About how many PSI you talking about having to run? I really need to buy another intake I guess. Need to get this baby tuned no doubt, hopefully I can do that in the up comming months.

Rick, do you think a ignition box is a need at this point? Some say yes and some say no. I figured I would ask you, im sure it would help but is it a true need?

Dave

Yes I do believe that the above combo I listed can yeild a 11 sec slip in a properly tuned car that has a decent suspension set-up/tune. Boost is relative but I would say around 9-10psi using the set-up I listed.

The ignition box would be good just to have the stronger hotter spark, which is less likely to blow out under boost. The stock stuff becomes weak over time, although the stock system works very well. I like the MSD Digital 6+ and a matching coil.