VT company issues discussion

Are the accusations false though? Just because a person goes from Company A to Company B does not clear his actions from Company A. There is going to be some backlash, especially from those that got ****ed and CMS is going to have to deal with it. That is a part of game from being a major player in a ****ed up situation. Time will tell. QTRPONY is not doing anything wrong by issuing that warning at this...

I said the correlation is flase, i.e. if you buy from CMS you'll see the same issues as buying from VT. Let CMS's rep be definied by it's service, if you have a beef w/ Jim then it's either warranted or it's not. But the implied relevance to business w/ CMS is a fallacious categorical syllogism

• Sponsors (?)

I said the correlation is flase, i.e. if you buy from CMS you'll see the same issues as buying from VT. Let CMS's rep be definied by it's service, if you have a beef w/ Jim then it's either warranted or it's not. But the implied relevance to business w/ CMS is a fallacious categorical syllogism

Life doesn't work that way... Quite frankly the warning is fair. This is probably the best way to put it.

This Jim's 3rd kick at the cat. He started at SHM and got off the sinking ship just in time. Started at VT and almost went down with the ship. He has full control of a new ship, but it is going to start in rough water.

I see where you are coming from, you don't see where QTRPONY is coming from. He lost thousands of dollars that he put into a build from VT. He is a foreign country serving his country trying to sort out his build. He was talking to Jim about sorting out his build and was left out to hang. He was told stories from all sides and has to sort through all the bull****. How fair is that? Now he doesn't have a right to bitch about it and perhaps warn others.

Had it not been for QTRPONY bringing this up and starting this all at MF. How many more would have gotten ****ed by VT? Now all of a sudden Jim is supposed to get a clean slate? When in real life do you get a clean slate when you are involved in a royal ****up mess like the VT situation was? Please give me a situation when you get a clean slate after a ****up. Convicted Criminals have a criminal record that follows them; People who have filed for bankruptcy have a hell of time getting credit again. Why should this be any different?

QTRPONY's warning is fair. As I pointed out, this is Jim's 3rd venture at this. Time will tell, but his past precedes his present. He is going to have to weather the storm from his past's mess. There is no way around that, this is real life not some fairy tale.

But Jim didnt own either company before this one. VT went down due to the OWNER, SHM sucks because of teh OWNER.

if I worked for a company that was going down, or screwed people over, id leave too and wouldnt expect their problems to be transfered to me. Scott and Jim were just workers....sure they made it sound like they were in charge (IMO that was wrong), but they were not. Just middle men.

Id say let Jim start his own thing and see how it goes with HIM running it. Do you expect Jim to give this QTRPONY guy or even adrenln a free motor because of the company he used to work for didnt pay their bills? I do think Jim and Scott were in the wrong with what they did by covering it up....but in the end its on their old boss, and they were probably just hoping everything would work out.

Just my opinion from what I have seen. If im off, show some proof and let me know how Jim or scott personally screwed people over for self gain. I didnt bother reading all of that rediculously long thread on MF.

This has already been done, several times over. I feel bad for Jim and Scott- Everyone takes out there emotions on THEM because they cant get ahold of the real A hole they need to direct there anger towards. Jim and Scott have nothing to do with the fact VT went under, if anything they kept them afloat as long as they could.

I know some people lost a lot of money, and that sucks. I wish all these threads would stop already..

ji mdont have to come in an respond to anything. that has already been done in the 80 page thread. it solved nothing except for people forming their own opinions about the situation based on what they heard from jim and scott and the parties that lost money. there is no point anymore. what is done is done.

This has already been done, several times over. I feel bad for Jim and Scott- Everyone takes out there emotions on THEM because they cant get ahold of the real A hole they need to direct there anger towards. Jim and Scott have nothing to do with the fact VT went under, if anything they kept them afloat as long as they could.

I know some people lost a lot of money, and that sucks. I wish all these threads would stop already..

But Jim didnt own either company before this one. VT went down due to the OWNER, SHM sucks because of teh OWNER.

if I worked for a company that was going down, or screwed people over, id leave too and wouldnt expect their problems to be transfered to me. Scott and Jim were just workers....sure they made it sound like they were in charge (IMO that was wrong), but they were not. Just middle men.

Id say let Jim start his own thing and see how it goes with HIM running it. Do you expect Jim to give this QTRPONY guy or even adrenln a free motor because of the company he used to work for didnt pay their bills? I do think Jim and Scott were in the wrong with what they did by covering it up....but in the end its on their old boss, and they were probably just hoping everything would work out.

Just my opinion from what I have seen. If im off, show some proof and let me know how Jim or scott personally screwed people over for self gain. I didnt bother reading all of that rediculously long thread on MF.

For years, I warned people not to deal with VT, that there was better options out there. VT's problems got to be bigger than I imagined they would. I do not like companies that outsource everything. Problems always arise and there is no accountability when they do. Everyone involved is a victim or so they would have you believe.

7 years ago, I was burned by a vendor that outsourced everything. After that was said and done, that was it for me dealing with vendors that outsourced their stuff. Never again have I or will I deal with a company like that and guess what, I haven't been burned again either.

My incident, I was only out a couple of hundred bucks. I was banned from 6 boards, 2 I was a regular member at for warning people not to deal with this vendor and some bashing of him regarding my incident. That vendor went on to rip off many more people and was eventually banned from most of the sites that he was a paid vendor at. Up to about 3 years after I was banned from those sites, I got "Thank You" and "I should have listened to you" PM's on other boards that I frequent because of the message passing I did regarding that vendor. I took that with some pride that I prevented a few from dealing with him and felt bad for those that got burned.

After that, you could say I started my questioning and "bashing" of VT and the vendors like them. Most of them all have horror stories, MMR, VT, SHM and I could go on.

Going back in time a bit, Scott Cushman paid for some of VT's customers stuff out of pocket. The second he decided to stop doing that, they should have stopped taking new orders. It would have saved a lot of the problems that are present now and there would be a lot less victims.

I could have taken the road by telling you all, I told you so and you deserve what you got. I am not doing that. I feel bad for those that got burned including Scott Cushman. I think it is good that Jim is doing his own thing now. However I do not believe that they should hide from their past. Perhaps and perhaps not, CMS is another VT in the making, time will tell. VT turned out worse than what SHM did. That said the warnings about CMS from past VT customers is fair until CMS proves otherwise.

I agree with TGJ in that we should let CMS eventually define it's own rep, good and bad opinions are warranted before this.
On that note, this thread once about cams in tech was altered by us (yes, including me) to become another classic mustangbaord VT talk thread. I'd like to think stangnet can be above that. Im not a mod and don't pretend to be, but there's no reason for this to be another 80 page shouting match

I agree with TGJ in that we should let CMS eventually define it's own rep, good and bad opinions are warranted before this.
On that note, this thread once about cams in tech was altered by us (yes, including me) to become another classic mustangbaord VT talk thread. I'd like to think stangnet can be above that. Im not a mod and don't pretend to be, but there's no reason for this to be another 80 page shouting match

Don't worry. This thread will be watched. If explanations were made elsewhere then fine. I've never read them. All I know is that VT went down and there were a lot of hard feelings. That said I do believe a man can make a clean start and should be allowed to make a living. In a time when most people are tightening the belt he will need all of the help he can get because the modification game is taking a nasty turn. The first thing to go when finances slow is the mod money. A person could do well to remember his customer 1st and never forget where his living comes from.

Something I have forgotten and that I usually live by is, "Innocent until proven Guilty". I am going to change my tune and the way I am going to look at this is:

CMS is NOT VT or SHM until Jim proves it otherwise. If it means anything to anybody out there, CMS has a clean slate in my book. CMS will define CMS, not the past.

I had CMS guilty by assosiation which was wrong by me. I will put it this way, it is up to Jim to keep it that way...