VT Stage 1's or Stage 2's

I appoligize in advance if this post has already been anwswered, I looked all over, and couldn't find one. I am really torn between the VT stage 1 cams, and the VT Stage 2 cams. I have a catted x-pipe, flowmaster cat-backs, a maf, cai, and udp. I plan on getting 4:10's', long tubes, and tb and plenum. My car is a daily driver for now, and I was wondering if the stage 2's would make it more difficult for my car to be a daily driver. On the Vt website, they say stage 2's are perfect for daily drivers. I was wondering what you guys thought? I really want the power benefits from a good set of cams and that great sound at idle that come with them. Do stage 1's have the same sound at idle as stage 2's? I also am planning on doing a dry 75 shot of nitrous. So I am planning on going with N/A cams compared to blower cams. Any advice would be greatly appreciated, along with some links to videos of cammed 2v's. I am constanstly going back and forth between the two, so any advice would be great, thanks guys - kyle.

• Sponsors (?)

from what I have read the stage 2's are fine for DD you just loose some low end although the 4.10's would help with that. I dont know how they will act with the nitrous but im pretty sure you need a tune after the stage 2 cams. You also have to change valve springs if you go stage 2

Go to modulardepot.com and give "scott@vtengines" a PM. That should be the correct name, and ask him. I read where he said that there really isnt much difference HP wise with the stg 1s and the stg 2s when you use stock heads and he told one guy to get the 1s so it would retain all the lowerend torque below 3500RPMs. Stg 2s will not surpass the stg 1s any till after 4K, and from what I HEARD is about 10RWHP more @ peak. Up and till then they are down on both HP and torque...needless to say I went with stg 1s and have 0 regrets, car will pull to 6400 without any FEEL of dropoff and I have hit the 6500RPM limiter more than once...and with ease.
Idle isnt REAL noticable, but you can hear it...stg 2s hit pretty hard and sound awsome! But since my 66 hits VERY hard, i didnt need 2 lol...and because we didnt have to change springs.

You did watch the vid I just made right?

If you have the cash, might as well go with the Stage II's. I say that because of the spring swap and tune.....
I didn't notice any loss of hp/torque down low, the sound is incredible and if you're gonna add a shot, from what Jim at V/T tells me, they love the juice...both of their N/A cams do..
Honestly, probably can't go wrong either way. They're pretty close to the same #'s from what I've seen....maybe add an additional 10 rwhp or so for the II's up high.

Ok, I just seen the first part. That was a day or so after the cams..no tune. It idles VERY close now, but Tim upped the idle a tad for some reason and it doesnt seem to hit as hard :shrug: . Im not really sure though. Good vid..first i EVER made :D and was playing with fade in/outs lol.

^Thanks :D