Want 408 6speed; anyone wanna buy current setup?

SmockDoiley

Jun 14, 2003
San Diego, CA
So I need to save up for badarse 408 and T56. Anyone want to buy my current setup? Its a forged 342, brand new roller block, Xcam, Trackheat heads, equal length headers, TKO, centerforce DF, Pro 5.0 shifter, all new stuff with less than 700 miles on it. Dynoed 625 at the flywheel. Does not come with supercharger. Let me know or email me with other questions. You can check it out on cardomain.com.

• Sponsors (?)

Well the tranny alone is $1400 with shipping, plus $200 for shifter, $160 for driveshaft, $40 for heavy duty fork, $350 for clutch and bearing, $170 for bellhousing. The heads are O-ring Trackheats that have the upgraded valvesprings.

SmockDoiley said:
Well the tranny alone is $1400 with shipping, plus $200 for shifter, $160 for driveshaft, $40 for heavy duty fork, $350 for clutch and bearing, $170 for bellhousing. The heads are O-ring Trackheats that have the upgraded valvesprings.

Well minus the heads cause I don't want O ring heads. Send me a price for the things I requested, thanks.

Well, when I went to get it dynoed, the head tech at JBA has that blue 67 fastback that was on the cover of Hot Rod. He was only making 60 more horses than me with that turbo 408. I started thinking if I could make 625 at the fly with out of the box crap like Xcam and trickflows, imagine if I had AFR 185's and a custom cam. Then I started thinking imagine AFR 205s and the D1 on a 408. I'd post far more power than the current setup and smoke the 67's numbers. I started wondering how much more power I would make. The 408 alone would make more power, then the AFRs would too, and a custom cam. Then having a stronger block could warrant more boost so again more power. All said and done there is no reason I couldnt get 700+ to the wheels. Far exceeding the KOTS competition in 5.0 Mustang. Thats why the change. I could do the tranny shipped for $2000. Thats all top of the line stuff and GM synchromesh already installed.

All I want is the TKO, shifter, bell housing, and yoke. I don't need clutch, drive shaft or anything else. Unless you are still going to through in that K member for free ;).

1400 for a NEW TKO, 200 for NEW shifter, and 160 for a NEW alum. bellhousing. That's $1760 for everything new. Cut me a deal and I will be interested, if you would split up your sale just for those things I wanted.