Want Another Mustang

Racerjoey1

Founding Member
Oct 21, 2002
Birmingham, AL
I've only ever had one Mustang, an 89 LX 5.0L. I built the engine for it and it was a lot of fun but the car was a pos overall. I never really had the money to put into it to make it good enough to drive daily or even on the weekends.

With that said, I have a 99 ford ranger now. I don't use the bed a lot and I think I want another Mustang. The truck is decent, but I'm tired of driving a regular cab. I probably will only be able to spend $6-8k. Is that enough to get a new edge GT that doesn't have 150k miles? I haven't been able to find much that doesn't have a salvage title or is just beat. Ideally I'd like to get into an 03 or 04, mostly just because the age of these cars now. The 05+ is still definitely out of my budget. I prefer the look and sound of the 2v anyway.

I guess it just seems crazy to spend much money on a 10 year old car with over 100k but I can't help myself.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

• Sponsors (?)

You should be able to find plenty with less than 100k on them. Mileage doesn't really effect these cars when taken car of properly. If you do buy one with 100k+ on it be sure to check out the tensioner arms and guides on the timing gear as that seems to be most problematic. I pulled my stock motor apart with 100k and it honestly looked brand new on the inside (I'm very picky on maintaining the car though and I have been the only owner since new)

I'm a little south of Birmingham, AL. I need to look at Atlanta classifieds. It's worth a 2 hour drive for more selection. I have to sell my truck first though so I'm not in a big rush.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk