want something done in carbon?

Glad you asked man. I can make whatever YOU want :nice: obviously a glass/carbon mix will be cheaper and i have NO problem doing that for the parts most of us will be painting :D

I can also do a carbon/kevlar/glass mix too.

All of my parts are vacuum bagged and infused, if you want a pre preg material it will be oven cured

I build boats for the navy, quality and construction are not things i lack on.

As far as the UV fading goes. This is due to either 1 of two things. Poor making or poor keep up. Some people use as little and as cheap clear clear coat as possible and thats BS:notnice: but you cant just leave it alone either ya know?

epoxy resins are supposed to resist the yellowing more than a polyester resin... For a full carbon hood, how many layers are you looking at? Nomex honeycomb for some strengthening? I thought about building hoods a while back and just didnt figure anyone would want to pay $700 for a hood... Also like you said if a car is "tweaked" a bit, your customer is going to be unhappy though you molded a NOS or original hood

• Sponsors (?)

I will definitly be using core in the stress areas. I dont want to use too much though as to keep weight down also.

I will be using my stang as the gunnie pig for the 69-70's. CF fenders, hood, decklid, bumpers etc basicly anywhere i can save weight, and once i get rolling ill attempt making some carbon doors :D thell be pricey though.

I will make it a point to give us stangers decant CF parts at a decant price.

Rear Wing

I will definitly be using core in the stress areas. I dont want to use too much though as to keep weight down also.

I will be using my stang as the gunnie pig for the 69-70's. CF fenders, hood, decklid, bumpers etc basicly anywhere i can save weight, and once i get rolling ill attempt making some carbon doors :D thell be pricey though.

I will make it a point to give us stangers decant CF parts at a decant price.

I have a 67 Mustang and want to keep my steel rear truck lid. I would like to add the ‘California Special’ modification to my car. I need someone to make a bolt on wing and end caps.

The smart business move would be to first make hoods, deck lids, and spoiler for early Mustangs and Camaros.

After that you could move into front fenders and other models. Another popular and asked for area line would be interior parts like consoles and dash panels.

If you make any Torino or Fairlane parts let me know :)

i wouldn't mind a CF hood scoop and front spolier for the 69 cougar project, hood, decklid and fenders would be cool too, though. i wonder if you can do the vacuum metalized "chrome plating" on carbon fiber parts, if so front and rear bumpers for the coug would be sweet too!!!

The smart business move would be to first make hoods, deck lids, and spoiler for early Mustangs and Camaros.

After that you could move into front fenders and other models. Another popular and asked for area line would be interior parts like consoles and dash panels.

If you make any Torino or Fairlane parts let me know :)

I agree... Hood is #1 by far, then interior trim... I wouldnt expect to near as much interest in fenders or doors unless someone it building a full race car.

hoods are pretty much the larger of what we all look for. there aren't many good fitting fiberglass hoods and almost NO CF hood options for us classic stang owners.

Seriously, if you're spending 400 on a FG hood, that thing better fit.

other options are gauge clusters, shift knobs, interior panel accents....

+1

I would love a quality CF '69 hood with the shaker cutout. When it rains it pours... I also understand Cervinis is looking to produce CF stuff for the Classic cars. I don't mind paying a fair price, but as scrutmonkey says, the FG stuff out there is mostly junk. Make something that fits as good as factory and the Mustang world will beat a path to your door.

Slow :( It takes money to make money i found out, Im still working 60+ a week building carbon boats and Its sad there not paying my ass enough to fix my credit so i can get a small loan for a shop though hahaha but once our So-COM project takes off im going to be REAL busy and PAID for the next couple years on this project not to mention this business hopefully.. Here is my jobs site http://www.revengeyachts.com/ I LOVE going to work everyday :D Also TRUE carbon fibre is real hard to come by right now due to people like boeing, the chinease, millitary, NASA, The auto/bike market...Our boats are built out of a carbon/kevlar mix to compensate for this.

Im gonna go find a shaker hood within the next few weeks though and make a hood for stangnet. Ill somehow pick someone to try it out and all i ask for in return is word of mouth.

I would do it this week but i just bought a bronco....dammit the 4x4 bug is back too.

For any other serious requests, ill make a few parts and send em out and if the feedback is bad i gotta change something. Ill also be making one or two of the above hoods and other panals.

just post below me how you want it. Pin on? Hinged but pins on the front? or a factory latch? Any mounting areas can be reinforced with metal plate.

Cool... still in business.

St. Petersburg is 4 hours from me. :D i wouldn't mind the drive for a Kevlar hood!! PM me. :nice:

i'm very interested in a carbon Kevlar hood '65-'66 GT350 hood w/pin-on's (2 front + 2 back). maybe include dummy instructions + mounted pin brackets (weld on). also the front apron i mentioned... eliminating the bumper w/ turn signal lights and slotted brake ducts. i have tons of pix if you need them.

i'm not in a hurry.

Im gonna go find a shaker hood within the next few weeks though and make a hood for stangnet. Ill somehow pick someone to try it out and all i ask for in return is word of mouth.

For any other serious requests, ill make a few parts and send em out and if the feedback is bad i gotta change something. Ill also be making one or two of the above hoods and other panals.

just post below me how you want it. Pin on? Hinged but pins on the front? or a factory latch? Any mounting areas can be reinforced with metal plate.

What about an interior set for '67 deluxe interiors, to replace the aluminum. Dash, doors, upper and lower consoles, even sill plates. I think it wouldn't be too hard to pull off and would sell very well.

you maight check with Gateway Classic Mustang also, they are the guys who did Sammy's new Red Rocker, it has a silver carbon fiber insert for all of the deluxe pieces that looks similar to the brushed aluminum but carbon fiber also, so you can have carbon fiber but still have that brushed look as well, at first glance anyway, once you actually look at it you'll see it's really carbon fiber. it's kinda cool

OK, how about this... I'll pay you cost for the 1st test article. If I have any criticism I will send that to you in a PM and allow you the opportunity to address any issues. If I have no criticism I will immediately begin ranting about the greatest thing since sliced bread. If you address any concerns I have and return the hood, I will then begin the ranting. If you decide you cannot make the changes, I will return the hood, you return my money, and I will be silent so you can test on someone else.

I know what it's like to develop parts on your own nickel. My expectations are that it be as well fitting as an NOS hood. My hood is in very good shape, although there is a very slight bow in the passenger side from a stiff spring, and I will use that for comparison. Oh, and a factory latch.

So for an update i have my first project which is the 69-70 shaker hood in carbon.

I picked one up this weekend, and my buddy has agreed to let me use his garage for the next couple months to make a few parts... :nice:

OK, how about this... I'll pay you cost for the 1st test article. If I have any criticism I will send that to you in a PM and allow you the opportunity to address any issues. If you decide you cannot make the changes, I will return the hood, you return my money, and I will be silent so you can test on someone else.

My hood is in very good shape, although there is a very slight bow in the passenger side from a stiff spring, and I will use that for comparison. Oh, and a factory latch.

Does this offer still stand? Im chompin at the bit to start laying this thing up, i should have a mold ready to pop a part off with by the middle of janurary :shrug:

Oh cool! I hope it all goes awesome as you can always lose weight. I'm a 69 lover too, so your starting project will be very interesting. (To me)

If you could I (and probably others) would like to know what the weights are for the steel hood and what the CF one ends up being.