Want to go Turbo. Have some???

slayerripkdc

15 Year Member
Jun 3, 2003
brewster ny
Hey guys. I am very bored with my car and have been looking at purchasing a "newer" car. New 5.0 or 3v Saleen. I was thinking that I DO NOT want another car payment so I decided to keep the little ole 2V. I was contemplating running a Vortech or KB but... I want something different! I do not no too much about Turbos on these cars. Here is the thing, I do not have a lift or proper tools to install the kit. So most likely I will have a reputable Mustang shop do the work. Mustang Magic in NY or Big Daddy Performance in NJ. I was wondering about how much should this project cost me if I have a shop purchase the neccesary parts with install and tune? In and out will this project cost me over 8k? Also I want a nice loud blow off valve. Which bov would you guys recommend? I will be calling the shops on Monday or Tuesday to get some prices but what is a fair price??? I don't nothing too crazy just looking for 400 to the wheels stock bottom and some room to grow down the road. Thanks in advance!

• Sponsors (?)

I don't want to sound "ricey" but what Turbo offers the loudest spool and which Bov is the loudest? I heard a few Turbo stangs and you can barley hear the spool and Bov. I want the full Turbo experience lol :)

:hug: Guys, i think we need to have an intervention with slayer, he is becoming... a ricer. LOL.

Why dont you follow 98COBRA's thread, im sure you have. I think with what your asking, on3 would be your best bet. Then you can upgrade the turbo and BOV from that point on.

:hug: Guys, i think we need to have an intervention with slayer, he is becoming... a ricer. LOL.

Why dont you follow 98COBRA's thread, im sure you have. I think with what your asking, on3 would be your best bet. Then you can upgrade the turbo and BOV from that point on.
Heh! :). My friend has a Greedy bov on his 07 Civic Si. That thing sounds nasty! Want a similar sound.... still slow though lol

I'll tak the belt whine any day over a bov but that's me. Heard a fire chicken at the gathering last night and it sounded mean. Don't even have to rev the motor to turn heads.

I had my 2v fully built last year and had a hellion kit put on mine it's fully upgraded the speed shop gave me a discount on it cause they do business with hellion and they get discounts so they sell them the price they get them for them. my hellion kit ran me 7k 74trim dual ball bearing dual billet wheeled precision turbo and I had an aftermarket bov put on mine RFL I think in stands for really fu cking loud friends of mine say the turbo is louder than my car from the outside :)

here are some dyno vidz and a in car on low boost I'm very happy with it i cant complain www.youtube.com/turbo2valve

I had my 2v fully built last year and had a hellion kit put on mine it's fully upgraded the speed shop gave me a discount on it cause they do business with hellion and they get discounts so they sell them the price they get them for them. my hellion kit ran me 7k 74trim dual ball bearing dual billet wheeled precision turbo and I had an aftermarket bov put on mine RFL I think in stands for really fu cking loud friends of mine say the turbo is louder than my car from the outside :)

here are some dyno vidz and a in car on low boost I'm very happy with it i cant complain www.youtube.com/turbo2valve
Holy SH*T! That is exactly what I want!!! How much was the install with fuel mods minus the motor?

Holy SH*T! That is exactly what I want!!! How much was the install with fuel mods minus the motor?
I really can't tell you how much it was to install the turbo and fuel system I had everything done at once like motor trans rear clutch fuel system turbo and it ran me 7k for labor and tuning just get a quote from the speed shops and see what they say

I really can't tell you how much it was to install the turbo and fuel system I had everything done at once like motor trans rear clutch fuel system turbo and it ran me 7k for labor and tuning just get a quote from the speed shops and see what they say
Alright. Your car sounds amazing! Do you know if the 62mm Sounds just as loud as your 74 or 76 trim? I will be running a stock bottom for awhile so I don't need to go too crazy.

Alright. Your car sounds amazing! Do you know if the 62mm Sounds just as loud as your 74 or 76 trim? I will be running a stock bottom for awhile so I don't need to go too crazy.
thanks man it's open down pipe to dyno max bullet racing mufflers no cats :) it's a 74 I'm not sure if a 62 sounds just as loud. I asked the same question you did about having a loud spooling turbo and a nasty bov I talked to the speed shop I went to and they knew exactly what I wanted and they ordered me that. I was shocked when I watched it dynoed. Heres a few pics of it
b813d0f9-ee0a-a31f.jpg

b813d0f9-ee16-fb4b.jpg

b813d0f9-ee21-d215.jpg

Im from NY. Where is that shop located? I am gong to call Mustang Magic and Bid Daddys performance and see what they say. They probably charge an arm and a leg. All shops in NY and NJ do lol
the shop where I had it done was MidAtlanticperformance there are located in Richmond VA they specialize in mustang's they did a phenomenal job. to be honest I was talking to hellion last year about turbos etc and they actually referred me to them. Yeah I here ya on the arm and the leg part it's not cheap Lol
What kind of turbo's you looking at

Originally I was looking at the Vortech V1 kit. It is a very nice sounding blower and can make some decent power. I still might go that route becuase I found a shop that is offering a great deal on them. I have always been interested in Turbo setups though. I will call the shops tomorrow and see if they can offer me a decent deal or not. I was looking at the 62mm Hellion or the on3 kit.

Originally I was looking at the Vortech V1 kit. It is a very nice sounding blower and can make some decent power. I still might go that route becuase I found a shop that is offering a great deal on them. I have always been interested in Turbo setups though. I will call the shops tomorrow and see if they can offer me a decent deal or not. I was looking at the 62mm Hellion or the on3 kit.
good luck with car if you go turbo or blower. Call them shops and see what they say about the pricing hopefully they will give you a good price and you get what you want out of your mustang

As long as you're on the stock bottom end, you're going to be spending a lot more money for a turbo setup only to see the same output as you would from a blower :shrug:

As long as you're on the stock bottom end, you're going to be spending a lot more money for a turbo setup only to see the same output as you would from a blower :shrug:

False. Turbo cars on a stock block can get 500-550 RWHP safely. You're forgetting that with a turbo you don't need to spend 75-100 HP to spin the impeller. :nice:

False. Turbo cars on a stock block can get 500-550 RWHP safely. You're forgetting that with a turbo you don't need to spend 75-100 HP to spin the impeller. :nice:

Really? I haven't heard this before :scratch:

According to On3's website, they state that you should not exceed 425rwhp (and even that is really pushing it) on the stock motor. Anyone with an explanation?