Want to hit 12s in a relatively stock stang

The anger in that last paragraph is priceless!!

I'm going home to beat my car like a rented mule.

Posted via Mobile Device

LMAO! :rlaugh:

blackened88lx.... that is exactly what i'm talking about! I'm keeping the powersteering but everything else is going... I'm running my stock block and definitely going to do the torque box reinforcements before I hit the track. I'm almost tempted to buy one of those stock looking fiberglass hoods but seeing how I want a ram air hood I figure i'll toss that on too.

85_SS_302_Coupe I don't have an explorer block in my mustang.

• Sponsors (?)

**** yea, I think it's badass. It's a hell of a lot of fun raping expensive cars with a lot more power and mods. NO ONE expects a stock motor 5.0 to go anywhere these days. 80% of them are clapped out 200k+ mile roaches with some clueless schmuck behind the wheel that runs 16s. I can't tell you how many people I've embarassed with my stock junk sitting on 10 holes. Even just much heavier modified foxes. I get kind of scared to go crazy with my car because although I would love it to be faster, I wonder if I would ever have this much fun with it again. There's nothing cooler than going as fast as you possibly can for really cheap with stock parts. A couple people on Corral actually talked about building nasty turbo cars and what not then selling it all and going back to bolt on stuff because it's fun.

Oh, and fwiw, stock hoods ****in rule.

Ok guys... time to update you all. First off this summer has been busy, I've done quite a bit to the stang (not all were performance mods), but still have yet to go to the track.

Currently:

Chassis:
Tockico Hp shocks and struts
Bbk subframe connectors
Repainted the stang Satin black :nice:
1.5" fiberglass ram air hood
Removed the Ac and Smog Pump
Hopefully this weekend i'll do the 3g alt swap and put in the electric fan
Weight reduction - only thing in the car right now is the dash, two seats, and carpet (removed all the sound deadening).

Exhaust: Crappy no name shortie headers, bbk off road h pipe, mac flowpath mufflers.

Engine: 255 lph fuel pump (old one went so I tossed this one in)
Mac cold air intake
76 mm C&L mass air meter calibrated to 24lb fuel injectors
edelbrock/bbk 70mm tb
Timing advanced
Accel distributor ignition module (don't even know if it'll do anything but I needed to replace the old one and had it sitting around)

Question:
92's are supposed to have the door bars right? Does anyone have a picture because I really don't think I have them...

I should be getting a polyurethane bushing kit from a friend soon... Replacing all the bushings except for the upper control arms (rubber for those) should help a bit right? Would that be good enough for the suspension or should I still get aftermarket control arms?

I'm saving up to swap to the T5 now... but seeing how I've never had a 5 speed ever I'm a little worried about getting all the parts and doing it right is there a write up anywhere so I can look everything over?

The car is coming along, now for the driver... I've never drag raced before at a track... anyone live close to Englishtown in Oldbridge who feels like taking me under their wing? lol

12 s:::::

hi my friend, if do you wanna hit 12 s, just put 150 hps of nos,,,,,,,,,
in my case, have, rebuilt 302, edelbrock performer heads, crower cam 518/530, torquer intake, 750 double pumper ,shorty headers, 3.73, t5, crane cams ignition box and coil, i am hit 11.48 s , not bad for 302, completily stock suspencion, each event, broke : lower arms, uppers, and motor mounts,, i wanna buy suspension,, (tubular k member and other stolen gods).
see you soon friends, i wanna see pictures about street stangs!!!
:flag:

My dad and I are working on the same thing as you are SDGT with an '88 coupe. The only mods to the engine are 65mm TB, meizer electric WP, electric fan and CAI. We're running 4.10"'s this year, on MT ET street radials (255-60-15's) with a best times : 1.82 - 60' , 13.34 at 102 mph. Last year with 3.55's we went 1.92 - 60' ,13.26 at 103.4 mph. Drag radials are great on the street, and at the track, but we're going to slicks (28 x 9 MT) in search of 1.7's and 12's. If we get it I'm changing the throttle body back to stock and see what it'll do. Good luck.

I don't know how much $ you've got to spend, but if you go to a stick and can deal with relearning how to downshift) look into a promotion t-5, (dog ring /face tooth engagement / no syncro's) call it what you want. We've broken 2 t-5's already, 1 stock '88 and 1 "z" t-5. It's easier to power shift than an auto, but the clutch doesn't do any good when down shifting and they're good for around 500 hp ( they're not cheap either )

My dad and I are working on the same thing as you are SDGT with an '88 coupe. The only mods to the engine are 65mm TB, meizer electric WP, electric fan and CAI. We're running 4.10"'s this year, on MT ET street radials (255-60-15's) with a best times : 1.82 - 60' , 13.34 at 102 mph. Last year with 3.55's we went 1.92 - 60' ,13.26 at 103.4 mph. Drag radials are great on the street, and at the track, but we're going to slicks (28 x 9 MT) in search of 1.7's and 12's. If we get it I'm changing the throttle body back to stock and see what it'll do. Good luck.

I don't know how much $ you've got to spend, but if you go to a stick and can deal with relearning how to downshift) look into a promotion t-5, (dog ring /face tooth engagement / no syncro's) call it what you want. We've broken 2 t-5's already, 1 stock '88 and 1 "z" t-5. It's easier to power shift than an auto, but the clutch doesn't do any good when down shifting and they're good for around 500 hp ( they're not cheap either )

Well I've already got a 5 speed sitting here, a friend rebuilt it and everything so I was going to stick with this one. So I did some searching online... and I found a good T5 swap write up. I'm not sure if we can link to other stang sites but...
It has pictures and everything.
AOD to T5 swap procedure - Ford Mustang Forums

Figured I'd bring everyone up to date on my project...

I blew a head gasket a week or two back so I had some work to do... while I was doing that though I couldn't help the fact that my edelbrock intake was glaring at me so I caved in and put that on along with gt40ps... here's how the car sits at this point.

Suspension still stock save toicko hps
3.73s in the rear.
Engine... Gt40p's, edelbrock performer 5.0 intake, stock 5.0 valve springs and cam, UD pullies will be on by the end of the week, Mark 8 electric fan, ac deleted (smog back on to get through emissions testing). C&L 76 mm mass air meter, edelbrock 70mm tb and egr spacer, 24lb injectors.

255lph fuel pump in the tank

Ford racing stainless shorties, bbk off road h pipe, flowmaster mufflers.

At this point I'm looking to swap out the transmission, maybe get an anderson power pipe or fab my own, get some good tires and go to the track.

Should I install my adjustable fuel pressure regulator? Would the car benefit from me messing with the fuel pressure or is the only real way to figure that out through dyno testing and tuning?

Aside from good tires, are there any other mods I should make to the suspension?

If anyone has any old MM&FF mags, dig out the June '06 issue.

haha.. i got a stack from the 90's... i thought those were old. my daughter was born in '94 and she's in high school now.

but with that being sed...... back in the day, there werent a lot of options, hitting 12's involved good driving... not having 350 rwhp... we didnt even talk about rear wheels for that matter... other than hook:D

no it was NOT, power steering yes but:

dumped smog, dumped AC (would have kept it but it didnt work), skinnys and convo pros, long tubes , 4.10's and ET streets, southsides, thats about it.

Do you have an idea of what your weight was? Just dropped off some stuff at the junkyard and it looks like my car weighs 3220 with me in it... that's with the smog pump, stock rims, and I haven't gone with tubular anything yet. I should drop some weight once I swap to a T5 especially since I've got an aluminum driveshaft waiting to go in. I'd love to get it down to about 3000.