WANT TO RACE? VROOM! VROOM!

purevenm

May 27, 2005
Over the spring, summer and fall of 2006, I (as well as all of you) was at a stop light and heard someone next to me or behind me revin their engine. I always get a kick out of the wide variety of vehicles and people that do this. Knowing that there is no way in hell they can even keep up with me.

I started this tread to see who has the funniest story about someone challenging you at a stop light. TRY TO KEEP THEM SHORT

HERE"S MINE:

White Chevy astro minivan..4 hispanic occupants, male driver looked 14y/o. We were next to each other, both in left hand turning lanes at a light. They kept revin their engine and jumping the car forward. Light turns green......they gas it and take the corner hard. Before making it around the complete corner the front passenger ball joint either broke or something because they lost control and jumped the curb. The Astro van went thru a residential fense into someones back yard.:owned:
It still cracks me up today.

• Sponsors (?)

Well.......

It sucks but street racing thread arent allowd.

But while were here, I had a buddy who had an integra. When I got my Mustang he swore up and down that he could atleast keep up with me since he had a CAI and a fart can (exhaust as he called it)
We pulled to the light, I smoked him by about 3 bus lengths. He said he missed 2nd but "didnt feel like racing again"
Then we went on the empty interstate and I was about 1/2 a mile ahead of him very soon.

Well.......

It sucks but street racing thread arent allowd.

I'm not talking about street racing....I talking about those odd ball people and vehicles that challenge you at a stop light. Funny stories about the people and their cars...NOT RACING...I have never raced on the street always at the track. But I know someone out there has had a cop rev his motor next to you at a stop light or simular stories like this......NO STREET RACING STORIES please.

Ok i was driving by a ricer he was reving his hamsters up and he didnt relize a c5 corvette pulled up behind him(with a sic exhuast sys.) he reved it and scared the sheet out of the ricer, i was laughing all the way home to bad they were behind a bunch of car i would loved to see his ass handed to him:D

This thread is NOT about street racing:)notnice: ) its about what stupid people do at red lights:nice:

A civic hach when i was in my probe and also a intreped...

The civic hatch funny ness was on my part... lol Lined up at a light he started to rev... I just had the car out of the shop that week from the klze swap the interior was gutted and i had a new clutch n ight weight fly wheel put in... Well i gunned the **** out of it... the fly wheel made a huge difference... i looked down at the tack and was at 7400Rpms... shifted the bitch and almost hit the median... Looked over at 3rd and had about 8 lenths on the hatch... LOL...

Intreped was actually my frineds brother anad he didnt know it was me... He reved at me so i took the hell off as well did he... had him by like 7 lengths he wouldnt pull up next to me at the next light... i saw him later and told him it was me.... He couldnt belive my probe was that fast...

Another time at the track i raced a swaped out j body cav... i beat him by .3' he ended up being friends with a kid i know... he started telling my friend how he raced a white probe that was on the bottle... and how it flew past him in 3rd gear... well that was about me... and i run no bottle... LOL

Anther track stock from the probe.. lined up aginst a 600+ hp civic hatch... he broke an axle off the line i ran a 15 flat in the probe and won... still laugh about that today

Ok. The DAY I got my straight pipes, I wont lie, I was scared to drive it. lol

Anyway, I was leaving school and a C5 Z)6 pulled up on the side of me. He revved at me and I revved back. His passenger started laughing and saying "Oh ****" at the same time, then the driver said nevermind, and rolled up the window.

I think some kind of beer truck was trying to race me (Budweiser maybe). It was one of those big ones, almost the size of an 18 wheeler. Got beside me at two different red lights and kept rolling like halfway into the next lane (like where cars going through the green light would be). :shrug: I am like I wonder what he is doing, guess it could have been trying to race.

These are great........:nice:
I have a friend that's a road patrol deputy Sheriff. We have a problem with sport imports racing out on asphalt roads in the middle of no where. So, when he's patrolling out in the area known for racing. He'll pull up and rev the crown vic beside them. Then he'll do the traditional 3 horn beeps to indicate a start of the race. :lol: He says he has yet to have anyone take off on him(race him).......I've told him "that's so wrong"....He says he gets a kick out of it.

I had a convertible top race w/ a Sebring convertible at a redlight once... the 'stang's down to up convertible top speed pwned the Sebring.

'Vert top motor torque FTW! :)

Wes

P.S. For all the top racer wannabes out there I'll give you this trick of the trade...

If you have underdrives, rev the engine a little to send maximum powa to the top motor... guaranteed to knock at least a few tenths off.

Also practice your latching skills, there is time to be gained here as well.

My brother drives a 240SX and people always want to race him for some reason. His car is totally stock with stock hubcaps. He was sitting at a light one night when a Sentra pulled up next to him and started revving. They were second at the light so where would they go :shrug: and then low and behold his foot slips of the clutch or brake pedal, lunged forward and rearended the car in front of him. All you could here at that point was "Oh S*** . . oh S*** . . oh S***" coming from his passenger.

I had some dude try to get me to race him in his scary looking Porche the other day. I was in my girlfriends 93GT. The Porche was an 80's model with rollcage, late model wheels and NICE red paint. I made it obvious I wasn't even going to try. He took off in that thing, it must have been a 12s car easy.

I had a kid in a civic with the usual coffee can exhaust and a body kit which looks like it belongs with the transformers cartoon pull next to me at a light. I knew he was a prick and he's tried this stunt before, so I was ready for him. While waiting for the green, he kept chucking revs. So I gave hime him one back. Light turned green and he floored it. Guess he wasn't paying attention to the the cruiser behind him that pulled him over.:rlaugh: :rlaugh:

Needless to say, I don't like street racing.:nonono:

Vic

I pulled up to a "T" interesection to turn left and an acura integra was sitting to the right of me, it was some kid with 3 girls in his car and he keeps revin it up so I was like ok.... I hit mine and the two girls in the back of his car jumped and hit their heads on the ceiling....to which I was then greeted by a middle finger by the driver and he took off...I just laughed :)

i have alot of stories, but this one is a classic....about 3 yrs ago me and my brother-n-law(wife's brother) were going to get something to eat and we decided to take his 95 gt, it was acting up and he wanted my opinion on the cause of it....anyway we were at a red light when its rpm started jumping bad and it wanted to stall....so he would revv it to keep it from stalling....when the light turned green, a mid 80's cadillac squelled the tires and took off, so my brother-in-law gassed it...when we pulled right next to the caddy, it turned out to be a 60yr guy....:D