want to re-do my exhaust. suggestions???

bullitt784

Founding Member
Oct 14, 2001
coral gables, fl
hey all, i have a bullitt with stock headers, bassani catted x, and 2 chamber flows welded in with the stock piping. i've had this set up for about 3 years and i have to say i'm pretty tired of it.

what i'm looking for is a deep, throaty muscle car sound that i'm not getting with my x. i also want to get rid of my cats. it's sounding like i'm looking for an o/r h pipe. i don't want a cat back, i might weld some new mufflers in if some are suggested that will give me that deep rumble sound. i need a new rear bumper so i might do dumps right after the mufflers and get a regular stang bumper with no exhaust outlets.

cliff notes ha: what kind of o/r h pipe would you guys recommend?

• Sponsors (?)

well as far as mufflers go Bassani has a nice rumble to them, and for the H-pipe i dont know since most companies that make them will give you the same results......it would come down on how much you want to spend on it depending if you want a aluminized or SS

i honestly dont know what difference it will make. i've looked at the mac o/r h and mac prochamber and theyre -200 and -300 respectively. i dont know the difference between aluminized or ss, but it doenst really matter to me

Theres a clip of a guy with Bassani catted X and Bassani C/B, and it sounds deep as hell, surprisingly.

I'll try to dig it up for you.

But if you decide to get a new mid-pipe, I am VERY interested in buying your Bassani X. ;)

bullitt784 said:
haha, jk if i get the H i'll definitely sell it. you'll be the first i PM. probably won't be for a couple of weeks though
no problem, Im in no hurry. Ive been looking for a catted Bassani X for a while and Im selling my SLP X to a buddy so he can use it with their LT's.

Out of curiosity, is it the Bx or SS, 3, 5, or 7 piece?

I woudnt mind making a trip down to Coral Galbes to catch a Canes game, but I think its gonna be a rough year for us. :(