warning cime wont shut off!!!

Ok boyz,
i got a 89 mustang coupe 5.0,
I was driving home from work today and then suddenly i heard this noise and it wouldnt go away, i quickly rushes home and pulled fuse position 18 which was the seatbelt chime, tactometer and a whole bunch of other stuff. Until now i didnt know i had a seatbelt chime, my instrament cluster display has never worked so whatever. But this chime wont stop, i have to drive with it, unless i pull the fuse but the fuse controls a whole bunch of diff **** as well. Any suggestions.

• Sponsors (?)

I had this happen on my old '82 and the way I wound up fixing it was just pulling the little dinger thing out it was behing the glove box on the 82' . My '87 decided to the same thing last summer after going through the car wash. I did the same as you pulled the fuse which left me with no tach I drove it like that the rest of that day. The next morning I put the fuse back in so I could try and locate the problem, and it didn't come back on it has functioned normally from then on :shrug: .

on my 88, when i was ahem, adjusting the stupid push button thing to get my key out, i found a one wire connector under the column - it killed my buzzer.
i like the door pin switch idea....they are 5 bucks at parts store

well just wanted to update you on what happened,
I think it turned into a electronic problem. Last night my car alarm went off like mad at 12 at night, i went out disarmed it with some problems but it finally turned off, i looked around and nothing, suddenly my alarm went off again, i fideled with it and it finally disarmed, then i tried to rearm it and nothing, disarm and nothing. It wouldnt work. So i'm starting to think that this is a wiring thing. I got 2 new terminals and a new 4 guage wire from local parts store and now i just put them on and everything seems to be working normal for now at least. I'll update you if anything else happens.