washed engine,now problems

• Sponsors (?)

ohms cold-6.8
volts cold,koeo-0
could not get a volt reading while running.
installed new o2,started cold engine,and drove off.
acclerated fine,seems ok.
will report back after driving home from work.

I test them on a hot motor with it idling. It's safest to do at the EEC. Set your DMM to DC Volts and look for the signal to oscillate from 0.1 to 0.9V quickly. You have to test one at a time.

Matt's got a good idea with the concrete and the wiring. On my car, the O2s are tucked above the K but I think they're normally more out in the open.

May be a coincidence, but I washed my car one day and sprayed the underside of it. Had the same kind of issues and actually pulled a code (not sure which one now) for one bank running lean. I replaced the 02 sensor on that side and all was good. Hopefully it fixes your problem too.

Posted via Mobile Device
drove fine cold home.....
BUT,the idle was way high.
at around 1300 rpm.
lowered it at the gas station at the iac.
got it too low,almost stalled coming home.

I would caution to make careful recordings of exactly what you change on the idle (number of turns on the stop-screw or the bleed-screw). This issue is happening because something is malfunctioning and once it's resolved, you'll need to take your idle back to where it was previously. Knowing you can get that exact setting back removes a lot of variables if another or future issues crop up (or it confirms that you fixed the exact issue).

I created a lot of headaches for myself on carbed stuff by not recording idle and jetting settings and this is not all that different (or worse because the EEC will try to adapt, even if things are a bit off).

sounds to me like the idle air control valve is sticking open.

that happened to mine a while ago, it was weird because sometimes it would stick open and do what you are describing, other times it would stick closed and then i'd have to keep a little throttle on it to keep it from dieing.

i think a new one was around $40, but that was probably 4 years ago now ...

Posted via Mobile Device
ok,checked tps.
1.54 closed throttle.
throttle body set screw in proper position,per RJ's instructions.
cannot set tps to .94 volts.
has no more range for adjustment.

:mad::mad::mad:
replaced the tps,it was bad.
got it idleing perfect,650rpm.
drove it about 1 1/2 mile,perfect.

cleaned up,took about 15 mins.

drive home.
about 1 1/2 in,check engine light,running rough:mad:

get home and pull codes

172-no HEGO switching detected,indicates lean (right)
177-HEGO shows system always lean (left)
542-fuel pump secondary curcuit failure,PCM to ground

i'm open to all sugestions.
:SNSign: