water

notny41

Aug 15, 2004
Minnesota
Was out tonight to the daughter's tball game in the stang. It got rained out. First time since I've had the car that I've been rained on. Turned a corner pretty fast and my right foot got splashed...

Pretty sure it is the cowl. How can a guy inspect that and what can be done to it if it needs fixed. Also spotted the driver's side floor pan is rusted right where it angles down from the foot feet and then levels out for where your feet rest. Guessing that is due to the possible cowl leak.

I'm not too bummed out because I have a new set of carpet to go in and that would be a good time to do the floor and the cowl.

I have a stick welder. Could that be used to weld in a new floor pan?

• Sponsors (?)

Sounds like a cowl from what I have heard.

1 you could get a cowl cover but they don't look good (cheap)

2 you can replace the cowl vents (expensive to pay for(a B$^tch to do yourself)

run a garden hose down the cowl vents and look for the leak. iv read you can also look for water stains up under the dash and area.

chances are your stick welder will be awfully hard to weld sheet metal flooring or cowel with.

do a search here iv read alot of posts on cowl repair. its a common problem with mustangs, it was a design flaw from day one and its not an easy task to fix a cowl either.

-gbm-