Ways To Reinforce The Cupholders?

• Sponsors (?)

I have had mine for 10 years and never spilled a drink. Please elaborate. Do you have the rubber surround from the rear cup holder? Were you just trying to put a Sonic Route 44 drink in the cupholder and see how fast you can go around a corner? The question leaves a little room to guess.

Reactions: 1 user
I have had mine for 10 years and never spilled a drink. Please elaborate. Do you have the rubber surround from the rear cup holder? Were you just trying to put a Sonic Route 44 drink in the cupholder and see how fast you can go around a corner? The question leaves a little room to guess.

lol!

What year is the car? I can tell you without a doubt that the 99-00 GT cupholders were probably designed by satan himself. They are worthless and don't even bother using the front holder on a 5 speed car unless you like drinking from a 6-oz mini can.

Nothing seems to fit right in them either.

When I had my 99, the front cupholder was for popcans and small coffees. 20oz bottles went alongside the seatbelt buckle, next to me in the seat. Arizone iced tea bottles would tip over when I got out, but anything smaller was usually fine.

The rear cupholder held the ashtray full of quarters for the tollway.

But yeah, the '99 cupholders weren't exactly good design. Better than some cars but hardly ideal. My '03 has a much better beverage control strategy :)

When I had my 99, the front cupholder was for popcans and small coffees. 20oz bottles went alongside the seatbelt buckle, next to me in the seat. Arizone iced tea bottles would tip over when I got out, but anything smaller was usually fine.

The rear cupholder held the ashtray full of quarters for the tollway.

But yeah, the '99 cupholders weren't exactly good design. Better than some cars but hardly ideal. My '03 has a much better beverage control strategy :)
The 01's and above have billet dressing upgrades for there cup-holders, I'm not able to find some bling' for my cup-holders on the 00's