Fox We Made The List - Yahoo/hagerty

• Sponsors (?)

Man I gotta call BS on most of that. Just because you can find them for less than $5K doesn't mean they'll be in decent shape. Maybe in parts of the country where cars don't rust like the Southwest it's possible, but here in the Midwest finding a clean V8 Fox car for under $5K is a total pipe dream. Two years ago a buddy of mine drove like 5 or 6 hours away to buy his Fox, and it had over 100K miles, had been hit on the passenger side, faded paint, rust on the trunk lid, plus half a dozen little things that needed fixed, and he still paid $4500 for it, IIRC.

Man I gotta call BS on most of that. Just because you can find them for less than $5K doesn't mean they'll be in decent shape. Maybe in parts of the country where cars don't rust like the Southwest it's possible, but here in the Midwest finding a clean V8 Fox car for under $5K is a total pipe dream. Two years ago a buddy of mine drove like 5 or 6 hours away to buy his Fox, and it had over 100K miles, had been hit on the passenger side, faded paint, rust on the trunk lid, plus half a dozen little things that needed fixed, and he still paid $4500 for it, IIRC.

Did you see my post from this morning with the link for one on craigslist?
Seems legit

Back to the fiero, lol. We did a v8 swap in a fiero for a guy. Its a 355 SBC with a Porsche transaxle. Its like driving a go kart...awesome is all I can say! Don't be hating on the fieros!

Back to the fiero, lol. We did a v8 swap in a fiero for a guy. Its a 355 SBC with a Porsche transaxle. Its like driving a go kart...awesome is all I can say! Don't be hating on the fieros!

Funny you should mention that. My buddy did an L98 350 swap out from a '90 Corvette in his Fiero. Actually moved pretty good. The engine was bone stock and the car ran a string of low-13-second passes on the stock rubber. The car just hooked.....wouldn't even chirp the wheels.

Worked awesome util he scattered the transmission all over the track on about his 5th pass.