Weiand stealth installation, questions

68xstang

Sep 29, 2010
I am about to replace my old autolite 2V carb and manifold with a edelbrock 500cfm and a weiand stealth on my 289 engine.

I want to get the following things cleared out before I proceed:

1. Does it matter on which side I connect the vacuum for the auto transmission?
2. The crankcase ventilation hose was connected to the spacer on the original 2V manifold/carb. Can I connect this to one of the free holes or how should I do with it?
3. The connection for the heater hose on the 2V manifold protruded some 3/4" down into the water channel. What is the reason for this? The connection cannot be removed from the 2V manifold without breaking something, due to severe rust. Hence I need to get a new one.

Thanks in advance for some expert advice.

• Sponsors (?)

I am about to replace my old autolite 2V carb and manifold with a edelbrock 500cfm and a weiand stealth on my 289 engine.

I want to get the following things cleared out before I proceed:

1. Does it matter on which side I connect the vacuum for the auto transmission?

Typically, there is a separate port on the back of the intake for this.
2. The crankcase ventilation hose was connected to the spacer on the original 2V manifold/carb. Can I connect this to one of the free holes or how should I do with it?

The center larger port on the front of the Eddy carb is for the PCV hose
3. The connection for the heater hose on the 2V manifold protruded some 3/4" down into the water channel. What is the reason for this? The connection cannot be removed from the 2V manifold without breaking something, due to severe rust. Hence I need to get a new one.

These are cheap enough, just purchase a new unit.

Thanks in advance for some expert advice.

Good Luck!