weird brake issue..?

venom97

Apr 29, 2003
Illinois
ok well my mom has a 95 lx and i came home the other day and it was sitting in my driveway. i guess the brakes went out right by my house so she left here. i went out to take a look and the master cylinder was empty,easy fix i thought. the car didnt leak any fluid out where i can see so i put a little more brake fluid in it to find out where the line broke. (the pedal goes to the floor) put in some more fluid and its not leaking any out anywhere and not draining the mc either! any suggestions? this one has me stumped. lol

• Sponsors (?)

If the master cylinder was bone dry you're going to have to bleed all the air out. Not sure if you can properly bleed the master cylinder while it's in the car, never tried.

Makes me wonder in the plastic of the master cylinder is cracked and leaking.

you can bleed it in the car, you just need 2 brake line pieces long enough to fit back into the top of it. what you need to do then, is take off both of the regular brake lines, install the short ones, bend them up to the top so they go back about 1/2 deep. fill it with fluid and slowly step on the pedal over and over till the bubbles stop. then hook up the regular lines and bleed the rest of the system. to see if the master cyl was the cause in the first place though, take off the two bolts holding it to the booster and see if there is any evidence of fluid leakage there

you can bleed it in the car, you just need 2 brake line pieces long enough to fit back into the top of it. what you need to do then, is take off both of the regular brake lines, install the short ones, bend them up to the top so they go back about 1/2 deep. fill it with fluid and slowly step on the pedal over and over till the bubbles stop. then hook up the regular lines and bleed the rest of the system. to see if the master cyl was the cause in the first place though, take off the two bolts holding it to the booster and see if there is any evidence of fluid leakage there

Look at you, sneaking behind our backs from Militarystangs :rolleyes: :nice: