Weird Noise by Center Console

My car is making this weird noise sometimes when I stop or put on the breaks enough to get a bit of "body movement" with the car. It doesn't do it on a gradual stop. Today for the first time it did it while I was accelerating from a stop in first gear.

The sound is like if you take a long hollow metal tube, and then take a long, lightweight spring and put it inside the tube... then shake the spring a little bit... that's almost what it sounds like. A hollow, tinny spring-like sound. The sound seems to come from the center console, up around the shifter maybe. Very annoying.

Anyone have any ideas? I don't really remember it doing this before I tried adjusting my clutch by lifting up on the pedal to try and fix my clutch/tranny issue I posted about earlier...if that has anything to do with it.

• Sponsors (?)

The adjustment of the clutch could be the cause (thanks for adding that tidbit!). Crawl underneath with a small socket wrench and unscrew the single screw holding the cover on. Then slide it back to fully remove it. Have a friend actuate the clutch (make sure your e-brake is on!) and ck the movement...is there too much slack in the cable? (Is it an aftermarket adjustable?)
The cover is tin...so the sound you describe fits right into being related to the clutch and this cover...let us know what you find.

Cool man, I just ordered a Fiore FWA and Quadrant which I'll be able to install here at my apartment. If that doesn't fix it i'll have to wait until the end of the month when I go back home and have access to a jack to check the cable underneath.

I'll let you guys know if that fixes it or not. :SNSign: