Weird problem with Idle

Hey all-
My normally reliable 1999 Cobra has been acting up lately- It runs great 97% of the time..... But......

About once a week I will crank it, and it will rev a little and then die. After that, every time I crank it, it will not hold idle. You can give it gas and it will run fine, but as soon as you take your foot off the accelerator, it will die.
It will drive OK, but manipulating the gas, clutch, parking brake and regular brake gets to be a challenge. It will coast down just fine in gear, but as soon as you push in the clutch without giving it gas, it will die.

After a little while (10-15 min) it will idle fine, then runs just great- Starts like normal and idles/runs great.

It is really starting to frustrate me, because it only does it about once a week. No Check Engine light or codes either.

Any ideas, or has anyone experience this before?

Thanks! Adam

• Sponsors (?)

Make sure you have no vacuum leaks. Then check your IAC valve - it may need to be cleaned and/or replaced. Looks like this:

Attachments

• IAC.jpg
    IAC.jpg
    2.3 KB · Views: 102
Try This

I came out from work the other day and to my not so delight this very same thing happened to me. After uttering a few choice words I popped the hood and started to make the rounds. All looked fine and nothing jumped out at me. Still not running right I broke out the leatherman and removed the battery cable and allowed to sit for 5 min or so to reset the computer. After that it started and ran fine and it hasn't happened again to date (knock on wood). Hopefully this works for you as well.