Well, Altima no more!!!

mity2

I like Pro3 and all I got was this crappy CT.
Jul 24, 2003
StateCollege PA
And say hi to my new practical(well, sort of. it does have back seat...) car!!!!
View attachment 391532
View attachment 391534
View attachment 391536
Fully loaded RX-8 Grand Touring with 6spd paddle shifter:D

Well, its actualy my GF's car. I can't afford $34000 car....:nonono:

So we got Mustang, TransAm, RX-8, and Geo.... If Geo dicided to go belly up, i'm screwed....

NE1 want 96 TransAm cheap!?

• Sponsors (?)

I love the way those Rx8s look. It's a shame they have a gutless little engine in them. The one I drove had like 0 torque. Now, if it had an LS7, it would be the coolest thing since the LS2 Miata.

What's the paddle shifter like?

Sweeet Rx8. Drove a few and they drive so nice and quick. They remind me of S2000s in terms of great ride/handling with a smooth rev happy motor. Congrats to your gf - much better choice than the 350z.

Yeah right, drive both and then see if you feel the same. My buddy has a 350 and I test drove a RX-8 when my Mazda 6 was in for service. Both handle awesome but the 350 would rape it speed wise.

I think it'll be close.
219hp is certainly less then 300+hp, but RX-8 is like 800lb lighter...

Nah your right. Z would ass rape me al the way to mexico
This thing has no torque until i spin the thing until like 6500RPM...then which it makes same amount of torque that my Mustang makes at the idle...:nonono:
Does out handles Z any day of the week tho

So whats the deal with your redline being over 2000RPM less??????????? That makes no sence...is it like the auto vs M5 Mach 1s? Different engine?

MT RX-8 have much higher red zone then auto for whatever the reason. same engine tho. But i know they makes less torque, but makes more hp.

For MT
232hp@8500RPM
159ft-lb@5500RPM
For AT
219hp@7800RPM
164ft-lb@5500RPM

12.7" 4pot disk, Torsen Limited slip with carbonfiber driveshaft for MT
11.9" 2pot Disk, open deff, and cheap aluminium driveshaft fot AT (But i optioned Performance pakage which include 12.7" brake upgrade with Torsen limited slip)

Auto also comes with 16", but again, performance pakage include 18" wheels too)

Dynamic Stability Control system, seat heater, moonroof, Mazda Speed suspension, HID, Electric power steering, tire pressure monitor system... this thing is fully loaded. Only thing i didn't get was Navigastion ( I could not find one with it).

Yet, thing lacks spoiler, speartire(spare tire is option on these things!), and indash 6 disc changer by Bose DO NOT read recorded CD or MP3 WTF!

nice car man... I love those gauges, and i really wish those things had tourqe. I kinda want one the more and more i see them. I think i may go drive one. I like road course racing more then straight line anyhow.

Is that T/A even running?

As matter of fact, yes T/A is running. Quite well I might add.

i fixed all the crap that went/going on it over the winter so that it'll be ready for this srping, but oh well...:shrug:

streetstang03 said:

Well, car was $33,694. we got it less then that(common, noone buys new car at the retail). we had some roll over from Nissan ($2789 to be exact), sales tax and fee's and titling and what not she paid it out of her pocket. Some deposit, and after everything was said and done, thats about amount that we ended up financing

Now lets be real. It is nce car.
But if that was my $34000, i'd look for left over GTO or slightly used Vette or something. But thats just me

I like them and my girl wants one...we have had 2 RX7's and i don't think she would be happy with an RX8 until they have a Turbo option like our last one (93Turbo) but she likes the styling and the way they drive. Maybe in the future i'll pick one up.