Well, i guess i'm screwed for good....(my bodyshop Saga)

Dope 97GT said:
^ignore

mity sorry about your problems once agian that sucks. Its nice and all but i say look into some cobras. If your gonna get a 01 then i say find one for around 14-16k with 50k miles. When i was looking that was what they were going for in our area. And now with winter coming you should be able to get them for cheaper.

Return your car to stock and buy a cobra...then you can put the wheels on it and do some engine work. The interiors on the cobras are way nicer anyway.:nice:

basically, thats price range i can confortably afford. I looked in to KBB, and as far as milege and year goes, thats about right price for 01 Cobra Vert around this area. Wonder if i need to look into GT vert.
Truth be told, i don't mind getting another GT. Just not Coupe. Cobra, i don't mind if i find one thats Coupe with in price i'm looking for

DonRich90 - Thanks for the site. I'm going to fill out complaint form, and email to them right now

• Sponsors (?)

WHy the vert? Its just going to cost you more money now.... and down the line when the top starts leaking or gets reipped up. They are not as areo dynamic(hate the "bubbles"...looks funny when your going 65) , vert electric motors go out, people can break in the car more easily too.
Next time, some bone head may take a knife down your top.
Coupe>Vert unless your into just cruizing and showing off on weekends :shrug: . Otherwise I see it as more potential problems and even more of a money pit then these cars already are LOL.

Sucks about your car though man :nonono: . Just sell it and get a cobra and start modifying that....OR take the car to a GOOD shop yourself and tell them exactly what you want. Pay a few hundered out of pocket and get it fixed, or THOUSANDS for a different car.

Is it? Cant hear the radio, or the exhaust well. If its even remotely chilly, you have to raise it...crazy sudden showers screw you over.
Man, just so many negitive things about verts that I could never bring myself to buy one :shrug: .

What is it that really makes them worth it...is having the top down THAT great? (not trying to jack...just wondering as I have never riden in a vert) < suprises myself, now that I think about it :rlaugh:

LI98GTStang said:
What about the peeling glue? Is that in spec.?

oh that? ya they are forcing bodyshop to redo that. along with clear coat peeling, extra hole they drill on wheelwell that didn't not needed to be, molding comming off, and screw up with spoiler(didn't even see that until they pointed out ).

But then whats the sense in that? I can shake my tiny powerless fist all day and night and get these small thing fixed.
But in the end, car is still fixed all wrong...

i think......

i'm going to forget about my Mustang for a while. And spend little more quality time with my TransAm.

Thinking about this whole deal has sucha negative effect on me lately, my school grade is slipping, and my GF tells me i'm irritable prick, and my dog hates me.

I'll just lock up my garage for few weeks. Keep looking for prospective new ride. Work on T/A (I bought Torsen T-2 Diff for it that i need to install)
clear my mind, bring my school grade back up, and cuddle with my dog...

then I'll worry about it again then...

mity2 said:
i think......

i'm going to forget about my Mustang for a while. And spend little more quality time with my TransAm.

Thinking about this whole deal has sucha negative effect on me lately, my school grade is slipping, and my GF tells me i'm irritable prick, and my dog hates me.

I'll just lock up my garage for few weeks. Keep looking for prospective new ride. Work on T/A (I bought Torsen T-2 Diff for it that i need to install)
clear my mind, bring my school grade back up, and cuddle with my GIRL FRIEND...

then I'll worry about it again then...

FIXED!!!!!!! Unless shes already dumped you....BUT PLEASE MAN DONT TAKE UP THAT! THERE ARE OTHER GIRLS OUT THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!! LEAVE THE POOR DOG ALONE!

:rlaugh: :rlaugh: :rlaugh:

Well whatever the decision ... taking a break and focusing on something else is probably the wisest move.

I agree with DropTopPony, "sell the car and get one you want. you will never be happy with this one again"

hotmustang331 said:
Is it? Cant hear the radio, or the exhaust well. If its even remotely chilly, you have to raise it...crazy sudden showers screw you over.

I can hear my music just fine. And the exhaust sounds even sweeter with the top down.

Man, just so many negitive things about verts that I could never bring myself to buy one :shrug: .

What is it that really makes them worth it...is having the top down THAT great? (not trying to jack...just wondering as I have never riden in a vert) < suprises myself, now that I think about it :rlaugh:

Yes...it's that great. I've had my vert a little over a year, and it's one of the best things I've ever bought. Putting the top down and pushing the car on a nice day is an incomparable stress reliever.

SO there isnt any wind noise @ 65MPH? I rode in my friends 02 SS when he took the T tops off, and it was pretty loud at highway speeds. Had to sortof shout across to talk....So I assume the regular verts arent loud at all then...hmm maybe its time for a test drive :D

hotmustang331 said:
SO there isnt any wind noise @ 65MPH? I rode in my friends 02 SS when he took the T tops off, and it was pretty loud at highway speeds. Had to sortof shout across to talk....So I assume the regular verts arent loud at all then...hmm maybe its time for a test drive :D

Well think of how turbulent the airflow becomes when hitting the two openings in the roof in a T top car, whereas with the vert, the air flows over the whole length of the car, from the windshield back. That would be my explanation.

Mity, I'm sorry this is happening to you. But I will say this... no matter what car you end up with, I know you'll make it look just as sweet, if not sweeter, than your GT. 01 cobras are really nice, I'd love to have one if I had the $$

hotmustang331 said:

Stop guessing and trashing verts if you have never even been in one!
I'll never own anything else. I have 2 now and if i trade in the Lexus it will be for another vert...maybe the blown vert Jag.
Nothing better then dropping the top on a cool spring night and cruising. And the exhaust sounds twice as good when top is down. If its your only car then maybe its not for you but most of us vert owners only use them in nice weather.