well i just got bent over by my PO

The previous owner of my car failed to provide me with a key for the locking lug nuts on the front 2 wheels or even mention anything about them. He also failed to mention that my car had been in 2 wrecks until after i bought it but oh well.

Anyways, how can i get the locking lug nuts off???? Please help me!!

• Sponsors (?)

Why weld? Just find a deep impact socket that'll barely slip over it, then pick the next half-size smaller (if an SAE socket fits, downsize to a Metric), bang that sucker on there with a few good whacks of a hammer, and then proceed to remove it. Once the nut's off, poke a screwdriver through the back of the socket and pop the nut out by whacking the screwdriver with a hammer. (Be careful not to pinch your hand like I always do. :D ) Repeat with the other three wheels. Then open a beer and install it into your stomach. :cheers:

Why weld? Just find a deep impact socket that'll barely slip over it, then pick the next half-size smaller (if an SAE socket fits, downsize to a Metric), bang that sucker on there with a few good whacks of a hammer, and then proceed to remove it. Once the nut's off, poke a screwdriver through the back of the socket and pop the nut out by whacking the screwdriver with a hammer. (Be careful not to pinch your hand like I always do. :D ) Repeat with the other three wheels. Then open a beer and install it into your stomach. :cheers:

works everytime!!:nice:

lol open a beer and install it too you stomach:nice:

the current owner failed to look the car over better before purchase ;)

some dealerships or towing companies can help you with the lugs. or you can maybe use a chisel to break them off depending on the wheels.

I just did this last weekend.. I used a 13/16 12 point socket, beat it on there, worked like a charm!!