Well it runs! And a few new pics..

I got the car running last friday.. Its quickly ate up a distributer gear(wrong metal!!) and left me stranded on the highway, had to get it towed home. I then ordered a new steel gear, put that on, and all has been well since. Its running good, its actually idling sometimes, sometimes it doesnt wanna, but others it will just fine. Ive been driving it with no hood (its legal here), and boy does it turn heads lol. I havent really got into it much yet, about 4k MAX rpms, from what i can tell so far its deff gonna be a beast.. I have about 150 miles on the motor so far, once i get close to 500-600 ill be getting it tuned on the dyno, it has a "safe" chip in it now though. It just feels so good to driving the damn thing again :D

anyways heres a couple new pics..

BTW, anyone considering putting a 351 in their car, feel free to PM me, i can give you a list of everything that needs to be changed..

newpics.jpg

newpics2.jpg

newpics3.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

Quick5pnt0 said:
That looks sick, and i'm sure with that combo it will run sick too.
Have you found a hood to fit over that intake?

Thanks man..

I havent really looked for a hood. Once i get the car tuned and ready for the track, ill be grabbing a hood asap. Im pretty sure a 5inch cowl will clear fine.. Or a 4inch SVO, since that scoop adds a little more height right where the intake is.

:jaw: OMG if I have saw a car like that driving around with no hood and I saw that beast. I think I would **** my pants. I can't wait to see numbers on it. You and killer are my idols. :nice:

Dustin

EDIT-- I think I am going to put that as my desktop. So I can dream of one day having that.

LoL thanks for all the kind words guys..

swinginline - its wayyyyy to loud. All i have is the 3 inch x pipe, and two dynomax race bullets on it.. I need to find some nice quiet mufflers to tone it down. And its not like its just real loud when i get on the gas, its loud all the time, even idling.

Sleepy, once i really get on it ill let you know! One thing is for sure, it makes some big time power real low in the rpms.. Oh the t5 is loving it :rolleyes:

I bet that is loud as hell... when I picked up the x-pipe (I snapped a header-to-midpipe bolt like a toothpick trying to put it on yesterday FYI) and you showed me the mufflers I was thinkin daaaamn. Those dynomaxs are nothin more then a section of 3 inch pipe with rubber dimples inside. Hope you can bring that guy up to FFW later in august!