Went to Houston Race Way for FFW! Car went in the 11s!

^Thats a 5.0 right? Yes, they have shorter stroke and also stronger rods, and can handle alot more power than my current engine....but he better watch out, because he WILL bust out the mains if he doesnt watch it. He needs an R302 block, or a Dart block...or something of that nature. At the VERY LEAST a crank/main girdle.
The 5.0/302 blocks are very weak...they start failing in the 600-700RWHP range.

One guy on line has went through 3 blocks in a matter of no time....has like 580RWHP. Cracks them and just rebuilds lol. So watchout how much power you try and send through it :)
low to mid 400s through an auto is easy 10's with the right setup. on 10psi he goes 10.7s @ 125-127

you gotta keep the revs down and these blocks will hold together, its when people get greedy and keep revving them is when they start to go quickly. of course tuning properly is a must(low timing and good fuel)

• Sponsors (?)

I also ran down the track a few times and hit high 13's

What were you trapping at in this horrible weather? FFW fell in a week where the weather was horrible for running.

I really wish I would stop being so afraid to mod my car and finally dip it into the 13s. Sucks running these high 14s, though mod-for-mod my car seems to hold its own.