Went to NYIAS today, some GTR pics and info

NiteRydaGT

Feb 28, 2004
Long Island, NY
That car is absolutely amazing :hail2:
The guy that was doing the presentation said that all the parts you see on the GTR will be available through the Ford Racing catalog. I don't remember his exact words but I think he said the total parts to make up the GTR cost about $60,000. Don't quote me on that I was too distracted by the car to pay attention to what he was saying :D . Here's a few of the shots I took.
gtr1.jpg

gtr2.jpg

gtr3.jpg

gtr4.jpg

gtr5.jpg

gtr6.jpg

gtr7.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

Good job. The more I look at it, the more I like it. I wonder if that wheel/tire combo will fit in a stock '05 mustang. P275/35/20 front, P315/30/20 rear according to the specs. Love those wheels.

I love a lot of the body enhancements they added with the GT-R, like the filled rear quarter windows, viper-esque vents to the rear of the front wheels, the wheels themselves are gorgeous, the modified front end style and the hood... I'd buy the thing as it is and modify it happily, mostly to get rid of the whale tail, out-of-place side exhaust, and uncolored hood (carbon fiber or not). Its a nice combo of a lot of the best elements from other cars, plus the old proven styling of the 60s legends.

this may have been said in another thread but i think that front bumper is a sneak peak at the bumper that is going to be on the next cobra or svt or what ever they are going to call it. well that bumper minus the lip spoiler thing, it just fits in with the bumper treatments that have been done to previos svt's

Yes, that GT "R" 40 Mustang is badass!

Besides the car above, Ford was showing:

05 Mustang GT (Silver w/stripes)
Ford GT also silver w/stripes
The Shelby Cobra Concept
Ford Bronco Concept
Thunderbird
40th Anniversary Convertible Mustang GT
04 Competition Orange Mach 1
Freestyle
Escape and Escape Hybrid
A bunch of Ford Trucks (New F150, Expedition)
A bunch of cars that are out now, I know I am missing some, but there was so much stuff to see.

Sadly I was expecting at least an SVT Cobra, but no show from anything from SVT, (I Hope they are hard at work on the next cobra.)

Did anybody get to sit down in the convertible mustang GT they had in there. I sat down to see how different the head rests are from my crappy 03 headrest and noticed that the seats, while similar in shape to my 03 the seats on this mustang felt a hell of a lot more comfortable and gripping, did they change the seats in 04?

Overall the show was good, crowded as hell. I can't wait to get my hand on a 05 GT, It's got me lock down as far as looks, (the car is goergous), now I just need to see some performance numbers.

:flag: