Went to the Dyno

MT1083

Sep 16, 2003
Charlotte, NC
Well I finally went to the dyno this past weekend and I'm pleased with the results. The numbers are as follows:

(SAE) Pump gas mode
381.2 hp @ 5800
408.5 tq @ 3500

(SAE) Race mode
394.5 hp @ 5800
413 tq @ 3500

I actually believe that this dyno was showing the numbers a little low than they are supposed to be. My dad has a vette that he dyno'd last year and he has made mods since then and his numbers actually came out lower. This was done on a DynoJet chassis dyno. I can post the graph but I need to email to someone because I'm too retarted to post pics. If you want to put it up for me...just let me know. I'm sure you guys will want to see it. :banana: :spot: :D

• Sponsors (?)

Now that I see other's KB dyno's, I really think that my dyno was low. There was an SRT-10 that pulled 394 when they should put 420 to the wheels. Something wasn't right. :scratch: Maybe my numbers really should be higher. What do you guys think?

How many degrees of timing are you running? What is your a/f? If your running rich and your timing is down some then those numbers look about right. Kenne Bells site dyno tested all their results at 22 degrees timing which is probably higher than you have right now. Your intake modifications should help you alot though. 39x seems quite low for the new viper engine so you maybe right the dyno may have been off.

kirkyg

I wasn't able to check on my timing and a/f ratio. I'll be going to the dyno again in a few weeks and I'll check all of that when I do it again. Hopefully the numbers will be a little higher next time.

Hey Matt,

I think your engine was running hot at the time of the dyno test. Our KB chip pulls out timing at high intake temperatures. Let the car cool off a bit and run the test again. I'm pretty sure you will see higher numbers...it happened to me bro! Nice numbers though! :nice:

That is right in line with what I got at that rpm. Did you push it past 6000 rpm's? I ended up with 400 rwhp and 410 rwtq on a cool November morning up at 6000+ rpms and it looks to be around 380 rwhp or so at the 5800 rpm mark.

I got 385 rwhp on a hot summer day.

It was in the 80's when it was up on the dyno. I let the car sit for a few hours before I did the run, so I'm hoping that the heat was not a factor. I talked to Ken last week before I went up and he said not to take it above 6k, so I just went to 5800. If someone still wants to resize the graph for me, I'll post it so you can see what was going throughout the whole range. I actually think I'm gonna go to a different dyno again this week. I don't want to have to pay for another tank of 100 octane again so I might as well do it now while I still have 3/4 tank left.