Went To The Track Yesterday And Learned Something

I run the 28x10.5 et drags, which is a super tight fit, but for some reason the et streets and et drags are slightly different sizes, I bet the et street fits perfect, if I were to get another et drag it'd be a 27x10. Im hitting the track up tonight most likely. 12.0 is my goal, but I'll be ok with a 12.4, pissed if its any slower than that though, haha

• Sponsors (?)

Haha, good luck buddy.

Probably heading to the track tonight myself, not sure if I'll make any passes in it or not but I'm going to let two different friends drive the car for sure.

My laptop won't connect to the AEM today so I can make changes, checked everything...guess my $40 usb to serial adapter decided to quit working when I need it most....just my luck.

Always something.....

Went back to the track but never made a pass myself in the car. I let two buddies drive it all night just to make sure it wasn't me causing the "issues" with the tranny. It isn't, on all three passes third gear was missed. I ordered an MGW shifter when I got home and it's supposed to be here Tuesday, figured I'd start with the cheaper fix first.

12.47 @ 117.xx was the best pass of the three, going to keep digging. Got so much to do but I really want to see this car put up a good number before the year is over.

Also my buddies white turbo LX came out to play on his street tire/wheel setup. First passes ever down the strip it went 11.29 @ 137.xx mph, literally rolling out of the hole and shifting to second before getting into it...like a 2.3x 60'...hehe.

Pics:
View attachment 219133

IMG_5801.jpg

IMG_5804.jpg

IMG_5828.jpg

IMG_5854.jpg

IMG_5940.jpg

Your car is amazing! :hail2:

I'm sure you've been asked this 400 times on the forums alone, but have you considered moving to a built auto setup for a trans? Nothing loads a turbo like an auto. Don't get me wrong, if I had the decisions to make on your setup I'd be going with a stout 5 or 6 speed just like you are, but I'm just curious as to why you wouldn't go with the auto on this build. My guess would be that the car sees a lot of street duty and you need overdrive for cruising, but you could have a built AOD or 4r70w for that. Just wondering, that's all. :nice:

Thanks guys.

NikwoaC, Here is the basics of his combo:
331 Man O War
Ported AFR 185's
ED C Cam
Spyder Intake
90mm TB
B&G Hotside
Custom Cold Side
Comp 80mm
AEM EMS
AEM EPM
E85
TKO 900
Built rear, etc

1991notchbacklx, You're correct. My car is a daily driver(drive it everyday, rain/shine/etc) and I just love the manual. I understand that the auto and a 15" wheel/tire setup would put the car straight in the 10's. Once I reach my goals with the manual I may switch to an auto but I really doubt it will happen anytime soon.

Thanks again guys, it's frustrating as hell to have this car and still to not have made a "clean" pass with it. Just got to keep digging and it'll get there, I guess.

Thanks again guys, it's frustrating as hell to have this car and still to not have made a "clean" pass with it. Just got to keep digging and it'll get there, I guess.

If you had to have a problem, having more power than the rest of the car can handle is the best problem to have. You'll get everything ironed out with the drivetrain, and that car will be running some solid times. Then you'll be at a point of wanting more boost and worrying about the stock block. :p