Western CND 10" Tire Shootout ???

SilverGTStang said:
So when are you coming to mission for a match race? Were all awaiting the debut of your hitter machine :nice:

How about a wager and we'll make the trip, or you can show up in Edmonton on August 29 for the shootout :nice:

You better be alot faster than 9.3 to make it worth while :rolleyes:

2004_shootout_poster-3.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

N8'slow, do you or Greg care to put your money where your mouth is? :lol: ... that's what I thought :nonono: :nonono: :nonono:

Both of you roaches are too slow to make the trip anywhere but your local track ... come out and have your AZZES HANDED TO YOU!!! :owned:

babyblue said:
The point is to race other guys on 10.5's and see who's the small tire champ :nice:

What happened to the Horsemen ? :shrug:

I have been to every Streetcar shootout this year in southern Alberta. (except the SIR shootout which was basicly a rainout anyway).
I am definitly not the fastest car out there but I like when no one else shows up to race. At least I'm sometimes the fastest guy there.

Ya, we're up and running it's been a very slow start. We just got our motor back a couple of weeks ago. We had all kinds of problems putting it back in the car with the new blower. But we've made a few pulls on the dyno, ran out of injector. After changing to a set of 160's from the 85's and finishing a few safety items for the track we went to tech the car and it wouldn't move in first, so I pulled the trans at the track we rebuilt to that night and got it teched in the morning. We made one soft 1/8 mile pass just to get some data in the logger. Cooled the car down and made a soft full pass, it ran a 9.40 at 146, leaving off idle and short shifting it. But it pushed out an end rail gasket so we called it a weekend. So far in the same rpm range (7000 max) as last season we're up 100 rwhp with a way off tune-up and the motor wants another 1000 (at least 8000 rpm). We're expecting somewhere close to 1000rwhp if we can find the right tune-up.

We really wanted to make the JB's shootout but it's the same weekend as our local shootout. We're still trying to get to mission before the end of the season too.

Any word of how Dal's car is coming along? I haven;t heard from him in a while.

The JYB 10.5" freakshow should be ready for JB's shootout this weekend in Edmonton :nice:

845RWHP so far on low boost with a rough tune .... 101mm turbo, 347ci, TEA Highports, Vortech Igloo, etc ... here are some pics before it was finished.

index.php

index.php

index.php

index.php

25lbs of boost so far ... at this point an upgrade in injectors and fuel pump is needed to make anymore power.

JB's event was rained out so looking at this weekend in Medicine Hat to make some passes ... then out to Mission on October 9 & 10 for the last CPSA event.

HorsemeN said:
Cool, I just put the car on a flat deck sending it back to the dyno. Make a few pulls tomorrow night with the new injectors and off to the track for the weekend.

Are you going to the track outside of Winnipeg this weekend? Do you guys have a shop in Winnipeg?
I'm from BC, but I'm currently in Winnipeg. I'm building something similar, and would love to see your car.