What 1971 351W heads will get ya...

Brandon11010

Jul 18, 2005
Threw a set of 1971 351w heads on,Larger valves...350 chevy valves actually lol.... ported and polished exhaust ports, b303 cam, 1.6 compcams full roller rockers, Block bored .030... Forged stock pistions...Stock bottom end, Air-gap intake with a 650 demon to top it off... Dynoed at 344.5 Horse 359.9 Torque on the engine dyno at work... Not bad for factory Ford production cast iron heads...The best part was it only cost me $1500.00 , complete rebuild, because i work there :nice: :SNSign:

• Sponsors (?)

Threw a set of 1971 351w heads on,Larger valves...350 chevy valves actually lol.... ported and polished exhaust ports, b303 cam, 1.6 compcams full roller rockers, Block bored .30... Forged stock pistions...Stock bottom end, Air-gap intake with a 650 demon to top it off... Dynoed at 344.5 Horse 359.9 Torque on the engine dyno at work... Not bad for factory Ford production cast iron heads...The best part was it only cost me $1500.00 , complete rebuild, because i work there :nice: :SNSign:

:scratch:
tell me how that works.

We could have prob squeezed a few more out of it but we didnt even tune up the carb, because im stickin with fuel injection.. i really just wanted to hear it run before i put in in the car, and hopefully it will be a bit more too with the RPMII intake with 70mm throttle body..

I'd put a TFS #1 in that thing, it'll make more power, run and drive better, and sound cool. The B303 is straight out of 1984, it was just made to keep the stock crappy speed density computer happy...it seems to do that well, but it pretty much fails at being a cam; too much duration and not nearly enough lift equals 'no' power :(

PS: That's damn good power even with a crap cam, yet more proof that ported iron heads DON'T suck!:D Oh, crap, I just noticed you said that’s with just the exhaust ports done...damn! I’m just imagineing what it would do with a full porting job and a good cam :jaw: :D

Man some of you are picky about little details lol...i ment stock forged style replacement pistons with the same 4 valve reliefs. lol, as in not higher compression ones..better? but i should have said hell yea stock pistions...just enormous rings... lol...and i dont know if id go as far as to call the b303 a crap cam..its a descent safe bet if your not completely sure what your doing... i see the Trick flow one only has a hair more lift.. i thought about that one but i read somewhere that going over .500 lift with stock pistions could bring up some clearance issues so i played it safe.. budget build :D

Man some of you are picky about little details lol...i ment stock forged style replacement pistons with the same 4 valve reliefs. lol, as in not higher compression ones..better? but i should have said hell yea stock pistions...just enormous rings... lol...and i dont know if id go as far as to call the b303 a crap cam..its a descent safe bet if your not completely sure what your doing... i see the Trick flow one only has a hair more lift.. i thought about that one but i read somewhere that going over .500 lift with stock pistions could bring up some clearance issues so i played it safe.. budget build :D

Haha. Just messing mang. A kid I know had a dirt bike that was bored .030" over and burned up the piston the day before he was going to sell it. He threw the stock piston back in and stretched out the rings. It ran mint and the guy didn't have a clue.