what a piece of junk

official_style

Apr 18, 2005
last night i am drving home from my friends house. stop at a light, smell somthing burning. the clutch feels really light, like there is no fluid, and it wont go into gear. stop push my brand new $30,000 car off the road, wait a couple mins, and now it wont start. starter just spins. wait 3 hours for towing, now today ford hasnt even looked at my car. my dad was right. we have both always driven gm cars. my 1999 yukon with 180,000 miles on it has never broken down. this piece of crap is going to be in the shop all weekend. i think i am going to sell it and buy an 01 camaro ss. Found On Road Dead is a true saying i guess. DONT BUY ONE.

• Sponsors (?)

official_style said:
last night i am drving home from my friends house. stop at a light, smell somthing burning. the clutch feels really light, like there is no fluid, and it wont go into gear. stop push my brand new $30,000 car off the road, wait a couple mins, and now it wont start. starter just spins. wait 3 hours for towing, now today ford hasnt even looked at my car. my dad was right. we have both always driven gm cars. my 1999 yukon with 180,000 miles on it has never broken down. this piece of crap is going to be in the shop all weekend. i think i am going to sell it and buy an 01 camaro ss. Found On Road Dead is a true saying i guess. DONT BUY ONE.

I'm sure you're going to convince a lot of people here not to get a stang. Hopefully the person you sell your stang to doesn't read this board. Have fun with your Camaro.

I've had the regular problems (gas tank, shaker) but I still love my stang and wouldn't want to be driving anything else - BUY ONE.

official style

I hope you get a change to cool down over the weekend. You are the first person I have heard from that recommends DO NOT BUY on the Mustang. I agree you should not have had to push your brand new GT, but Stuff happens. Usually, STUFF happens to me all of the time - I lucked out this time and you got my Murphy's Law syndrome. Cheer up, nobody got hurt.

Love my GT :banana: :banana: Love my GT :banana: :banana: Love my GT :banana: :banana:

hey i love the car too, its the best car i have ever driven, but i use it for work, and its not to fun when your driving a hot girl you just met home, and the car breaks down with less than 1000 miles on it. after an hour and a half i told her to go home.

official_style said:
hey i love the car too, its the best car i have ever driven, but i use it for work, and its not to fun when your driving a hot girl you just met home, and the car breaks down with less than 1000 miles on it. after an hour and a half i told her to go home.

ha ha ha! hopefully you at least got her number! 05Stangster is right - you just need the weekend to cool down. Stuff like this does happen and is just as likely to happen to a Camaro. You have a nice list of mods ready to be installed - I'm sure you'll forget about all of this once the car is fixed and you get to work on your mods. And I'm sure the girl will be back in the passenger seat soon enough.

I am sorry to hear about your problems. However, don't get me started on the crappy quality and service experience I have had with GM vehicles. All manufacturers have their problems. (The only zero problem car I ever owned was an Acura.)

If you like the Mustang, buy it. Odds are you won't regret it. If you are a GM fanatic don't be silly enough to buy something else. You are just setting yourself up for disappointment. (Same for the Ford fanatics....)

Personally, I am very happy that I moved from the BMW 540 to the Mustang.

Just remember when you get your SS

1. Clutches are known to blow on them, due to the weak hydrolics they can't handle the LS1 power because GM still uses the same old unit from the IROC Z days.

2. The rears can't handle the power of the LS1 either. Same story there too, rear design is from the days of the 305 IROC.

Anyway good luck

05 GeeTee said:

1. Clutches are known to blow on them, due to the weak hydrolics they can't handle the LS1 power because GM still uses the same old unit from the IROC Z days.

2. The rears can't handle the power of the LS1 either. Same story there too, rear design is from the days of the 305 IROC.

Anyway good luck
Yeah I heard all that on the internet :rolleyes:

05 GeeTee said:

Anyway good luck

IMO the only good thing about the newer camaro's is the engine but i've never owned one so take with a grain of salt. i wouldn't mind a nice 1st gen tho.

anyhoots that's a bummer about your ride OS, i would raise hell until you are a satisfied customer, what happened is unacceptable. again just my 2 cents.

Ya the newer yukons have that prob, mine is a 99 with the old 5.7 and yes I have blown the rear so now it has eaton posi. The ford dealer in manhattan is thinking maybe a week or so they don't know what is wrong with it, and they are very busy according to them. I am going to call ford directly and see if they can speed things up. And ya that chick should have put out in the car to cheer me up!

autoweek seems to like the mustang alot better than a gm http://www.autoweek.com/article.cms?articleId=101521

Cool down man. Once your car is fixed, you'll be back on cloud nine. My family has never been a fan of Ford's either, but we all have owned and love Mustangs. My grandma used to race her 1967 Mustang Convertible, my Grandpa raced his 1971 Boss 351, My uncle raced his 1969 Mach 1. Only person who hasn't owned one is my dad, who wishes he had, but he borrowed his mom and dad's all the time. Point? Mustangs are completely different from other Fords, and you had an unusual experience. You also have to remember it's the first year of a complete redesign. Things like that will happen with any new model year. They'll get it fixed for you, and it'll be back to being better than any gm.

official_style said:
ya the only problem is now my new car smell is gone, and it smells like the car has caught on fire. should i call ford directly or give the dealer a little time?

I think you gotta be polite but stern with the dealer. Stay on top of it and make sure he's getting it fixed. It's a brand new car and you shouldn't be waiting around for it. There is ALWAYS a way for them to squeeze you ahead of the line.

As for the smoke smell, I do believe you could nail Ford on that one. They could either replace the entire interior trim (seats, carpet, dash etc.) or do the right thing and locate - immediately - another one like yours and let you start out new again.