What am I looking at?

GT/CS07

Jan 4, 2009
So I am only an owner of a 07 gt/cs for one week and the first challenge has been laid out. A guy I work with has an auto 00 trans am. It has a cai and 3.73's. I have a JLT cai/ w brenspeed tune, catted x-pipe, and pullies due to go in this week. Now if this was my 03 cobra I would laugh but I am still getting familiar with the new mustang. Should I keep out of this race for now? I really hate to lose especially to this guy considering I used to run circles around him with the cobra.

• Sponsors (?)

So what do you think I need to edge him out? This without going with a zex kit or a supercharger. I want to get gears done but I am having problems finding a decent shop at the moment

If all he has is a lid, I'd think it'd be pretty close, probably more of a drivers race. Since you're still getting used to the car I'd say he may have an edge.

Honestly though, maybe gears and sticky tires would do it. Both of these cars are supposed to run mid 13's stock and you have about the same mods. If you want to make sure, I'd say add LT's and delete plates to your current list. The fastest I've heard of without NO2, FI, or heads/cams is in the mid to low 12's, but that's every bolt-on +big gears and big sticky meats...
Dan

yeah id go with full exhaust and gears if you already have a cai and tuner..... the ls1 motors respond extremely well to any mods done to them. Like ^^^^ said before if all he has is a lid it should be a drivers race. If hes done a lil more (lid, longtubes, o/r y pipe, throttle body) you might have a bit of trouble. My best friend has a 2000 SS Camaro with Lid, Longtubes, gears, throttle body, and exhaust and that MoFo runs its ass off...... still looks like a catfish that swallowed a hockey puck tho :rlaugh:

I think I am going to postpone things for a bit as I want to do things as I have money. I don't want to run up a credit card bill. That and I figure at the very least my car still looks better than his does. Not to mention his is beat from his horrible driving. Who knows when I am done he will have probably blown up his engine. :rlaugh: I appreciate all the help guys. I can't wait to see what my car is going to drive like when the pulleys and the cai/tune go in this week. I have off Friday so everything will be here by then and I will be able to get it installed.

My best friend has a 2000 SS Camaro with Lid, Longtubes, gears, throttle body, and exhaust and that MoFo runs its ass off......

Thats no joke. I've seen graphs of people running over 400 rwhp with the stock longblock. I used to have a WS6, which I think is the only decent looking F-body, but my 08 GT looks a lot better, feels a lot better (F-bodies feel kinda cheap all over in comparison) and is nearly as fast. That said, I wouldn't mind the extra liter of displacement, oh man oh man, if I could have a 4" bore 3v:drool:
Dan