What an ebay find!

BlownStangGT

REPEAT
Founding Member
Jan 22, 2002
Lancaster, PA
Im super stoked! I got some stuff in the works to finally get thta 11 second time slip and part of that is what I got on ebay last night. I won a set of 26x10.50 et streets with like 10-15 passes on them for $50.00....thats right! And heck, they even are already mounted on some black steel wheels which I wont be using anyways, but could sell them for some $$:nice: Picking them up friday!:D

• Sponsors (?)

Sweet! When are you going back? If your weather is like mine has been lately, I wouldn't count on any record setters anytime soon....I REALLY want some 40 degree weather to run my car in...

Not sure, yeah def. not soon. It will be a little while till I get back once it cools off....unlesss I really get the itch. The 1st time I went I never really got a clean pass in from the sway was so much. So I think even in the heat with a clean pass it would go 11.9.....but then again you never know!

Well picked up the tires and wheels. They are on black 15x8 American Racing Steel Wheels the black window style or whatever, the wheels are $70 a piece new themselves...well lets just say, if these tires have 5 passes on them I wil be suprised! The wheels look new! The tires are in amazing shape with low low passes! Headed out to get them mounted on my "other" wheels in a little and will get some pictures!

I hate to tell you this, but unless they're ET Street "Radials", you're likely to experience even more instability than before.

The ET Streets are a bias ply tire and don't have the radial case for stability like the ET Street Radials do. The fact that you've increased the sidewall on them now by going from a 17" tire, to a 15" tire may make things worse because you’re increasing their ability to move laterally by 2-inches.

Truth be told, if you’re set on running a bias ply out back, it's your front tires that are causing all that "drift" when you're going down the track. The rear wheels walk around, while your radial tires up front stay planted, which makes them a handful when you're at speed. What you need to do is get a set of bias ply's or skinnies up front that'll work with the bias ply's you have out back. This way, the whole vehicle moves in one direction, or another and corrections can be made easier than they could if just the back end was dancing around. Either that, or re-sell these ET Streets (you could probably make a few bucks) and get yourself a set of ET Street Radials that don’t suffer from this problem going down the track.