what battery

fastfox86 said:
I had a Dyna batt and it worked great for a little bit and the my car sat for two weeks while I was working on it and for some stupid reason I did not disconnect the battery and when I went to start it back up it was dead. I charged it, but it wouldn't charge enough to start the car. I finally just got an optima red top and it's great. I did love the weight savings with the dyna batt though.
Same thing happened to my Dyna Batt. I got a Red Top now which I'm moving to the trunk.
FWIW if you go to www.batterymart.com and check out I believe the model 680 Odessey. Same as the Dyna Batt but alot cheaper.

• Sponsors (?)

Sorry for Hi-Jacking the thread. Thanks for the info on the Dyna....for $60 I can't go wrong with an Odessey though. How is the install on one of these....read the MM&FF article not long ago and theirs came with a nice holder and terminals. Also, what is a good simple altenator upgrade? I'm not a stereo guy so don't worry about that, just a drag racer.

One thing about the oddesy's is that they charge extremely fast. They dont seem to take a trickle charge, but that is fine with me. I charge mine up on 15 amp charge for about 10 minutes between rounds and it is good.

are you guys using the adapters that come with the optima red tops?i used the adapter with mine and it fits decent.it moves a little but won't come out of the tray unless i remove the hold down.me and my brother use the red tops in all our vehicles(5 all together) and my one friend uses the yellow top in his 98 wrangler to help power his winch.

Red top in my stang also! I made an adapter piece out of wood to hold it in place.. So far, I haven't had any problems with the battery

Make sure you shop around for the Red/Yellow top. I got mine for $110 instead of the $120

Edit: Spelling / type-o

Guyfoxbody said:
I like the Optima too. But, it won't fit right and I hate that!

89notchfox said:
I had the same problem, so i moved it to the trunk.

Really?

I never had that problem with my Optima battery FWTW!
View attachment 504104

View attachment 504105

But when that Optima dies I think I’m going with a Dyna Batt stuffed inside the inner fender not in the hatch so ppl wonder where the battery is.
I've been working on this idea for a few yrs, and I think I've got most of the flaws worked out ... I think