what cams can i get?

OonDeanisS

Founding Member
Jun 16, 2002
Danbury, CT
i was just recently told i cant use a F303 cam in my car :( like i want to because i have a 351W that was convcerted to roller, and it has a comp cams retro fit roller cam in it, which is different than a 302 cam. is this true? what lopey cam can i use? :shrug: i want it to make a lot of power and sound mean..

• Sponsors (?)

Sorry... YES!! if the engine has a roller in there now , the F will work fine!! the retro hardwear is the spider to hold the lifters... cool?? and check the push rod leangth for the 351W , that should fit also... cool??

Just me..............................

Thumper
Tpr

if it has the retro fit system, then it should fit. Check the block, if it is machined, and you have roller lifters it should work. Check the comp cams website out, i am sure you can find good info there, maybe even another cam that will be better.

just curious, what are your current specs on the comp cams cam? might be just as aggressive as any of fords 303 series grinds as is.
should check to see what cam specs are first before dumping the cam and regretting it in the long run.
besides comp cams extreme energy grinds will be far more aggressive and deliver more power than the outdated 303s.
just make sure you go with the recommended springs on whatever cam choice you do make.

If your current cam is even close to being as aggressive as the Fcam, then yes, it will make more power. It is far better design.
I dont know about fords, But a chevy cannot use a Roller cam that was designed for a roller block in a non-roller block. you must use a retro-fit cam.

Hey guys... the CAM is the Brain... heart.. or the whole enchalada !! You can have the same end result with a huge set of heads and a correct small cam as a set of small heads and the correct aggressive cam... The cam is what MAKES the engine run... heads?? yes, they allow the Volum of air... but the cam tells the air HOW fast and how much!! SOoo... comparing cams and heads... is totally a difficult thing to do... Me?? I'll never dis a cam made by the manufacture of the engine!!! In the 60s the Ford Lemans solid lifter cam ( C7FE) would run with the best of the aftermarket cams.... since then , cams have changed.. and to think that the FMS cams are out dated??? I have this Bridge for sale in New York !! Interested??? LOL

Just me................................

Thumper