what car you dream about has a kid?

skunk21

May 22, 2007
Taxachusetts
when you where a youngen what car did you dream about, have a poster of and get you started into the car crazy nut you are today?

I was young in the 80's so you know I had this bad boy on my wall

Lamborghini-Poster.jpg

and I always loved this image

View attachment 341717

and an often forgotten beast the porsche 959, I just loved the looks of this car, I always thought it was cool and ahead of it's time

959_wp0_1024.jpg

and when we went to the ford dealer to pick up a new car for my mother they had one of these, and I fell in love with fox mustangs, I just loved the looks of the whole car and the one in the show room had the t-tops, from that day on I never stopped talking about mustangs, LOL my mom and dad still remember that day they where signing paperwork while I sat in the drivers seat of the stang the whole time the salesman loved it.. nice quiet kid :D ...

82_MustangGT_Pic1.jpg

so share some of you favorites has a kid...

• Sponsors (?)

Around 4-12 years old I wanted the car in the 1st pic...seriously..same car.

Around 14-16 I wanted a fox body Mustang Gt. I got one a 95 at 17, a fox at 18, not 11 Mustangs later I still dream of them!!!

I think if you were a kid in the late 70s/early-mid 80s, you had to lust over the Countach or you just were just abnormal. There was also the Ferrari Testerosa which was a huge poster hit. I was a big Porsche lover when i was younger, i wanted a 911, or better yet a 928 GTS but that came later around '95.

View attachment 341704

I think if you were a kid in the late 70s/early-mid 80s, you had to lust over the Countach or you just were just abnormal. There was also the Ferrari Testerosa which was a huge poster hit. I was a big Porsche lover when i was younger, i wanted a 911, or better yet a 928 GTS but that came later around '95.
I always liked the 928's. Especially after seeing them in Weird Science and Risky Business. They sound incredible.

it was apicture of a black on black 91 lx 5.0 5 speed that we had in the garage since 91..its no longer out there but its was a start to me loving the 5.0 mustangs.
You werent even able to walk in 91 let alone want a car.
When i was a kid my dream car a was the 21 speed huffy had with the floor shifter on the goose neck. My mom bought me it when i turned 8..:nice:

You werent even able to walk in 91 let alone want a car.
When i was a kid my dream car a was the 21 speed huffy had with the floor shifter on the goose neck. My mom bought me it when i turned 8..:nice:

no really? your a smart one! around 10 was when i started getting interested in one when i got my first ride in one! a GT 5 speed vert.. i was just saying that that posted was in our garage in 91...around 02 we had a small fire in the garage and the poster went up in it :( my next stang will be a LX hatch though!!

I was always partial to Trans Ams when I was a kid - anything from the 70's on up - because of shows like Smokey & The Bandit, and Knight Rider.

I still think they're beautiful cars, at least in cosmetic design. But the driving position sucks, they ride horribly, and working on them is a major pain. Who the hell's idea was it to put the distributor on the BACK of the engine, right by the firewall, on the 305 and 350 motors, anyway? And what is with GM's major obsession with always using Torx bit screws and tiny little 7mm interior bolts everywhere? :fuss:

All through high school, my dream was to have a black '94 Trans Am (or a Z/28)with an LT1 and a 6-speed manual by the time I was 25. The closest I ever got to that was a '91 Trans Am with a TPI 350 and 700R4 auto - looked great, hauled arse, cornered on rails.

My buddy got me into Mustangs when he scored his '90 notch 5.0 with a 5-speed. Drove me nuts that even though I had him beat on horsepower and torque with the 245-horse L98 in my '91 Trans Am, he could still walk all over me with a stock long block 5.0 with little more than a full exhaust. Plus, his car was always quieter, rode nicer, looked meaner, got better gas mileage, and ... well, dammit, I was just jealous. So I eventually scored an '89 notch of my own, and I've been pretty well stuck on Foxes, ever since then. :nice: