What cat-back for turbo?

• Sponsors (?)

agreed on the above choices. Honetly though with my turbo setup I tried some straight through glass pacs and it sounded terrorable. I know that chambered ones arent great for turbos, but it sounded better with my MACS. No matter what, I lost the classic mustang sound.....it never sounded as good as when it was n/a. With turbos and JUST mufflers it sounded like a stock catted car with a cat-back.

If you are running a single turbo, the best setup is going to be single exhaust, which is going to have to be all made custom anyway. I like the single tail pipe. It confuses people.

Kurt

If you are running a single turbo, the best setup is going to be single exhaust, which is going to have to be all made custom anyway. I like the single tail pipe. It confuses people.

Kurt

got any pictures of this under your car? I am running a 3" hooker max flow dumped now. It sounds okay, sort of deep rumble to it. Its sort of quiet too.

A straight through muffler is going to cause you to lose the mustang sound. I had Loudmouth II's which had excellent fitment and sounded great above 3k rpm - anything below that and it sounded like doo doo.

got any pictures of this under your car? I am running a 3" hooker max flow dumped now. It sounds okay, sort of deep rumble to it. Its sort of quiet too.

I wish I had a turbo setup on my car. I have put some exhaust systems together for some other people with turbo cars, but I don't have pics. Single exhaust just makes it so much easier.

Kurt

Wrong....the turbo is going to cause him to lose the Mustang sound. You lost that sound because you ran a muffler than you can barely call a muffler. Here is a Bassani exhaust which is straight through. Notice the "Mustang sound".

Our cars sound the best with chambered mufflers. End of story. That Bassani exhaust you refer to above has a chamber in it to assist with exhaust scavenging which subsequently creates some tone.

Our cars sound the best with chambered mufflers. End of story. That Bassani exhaust you refer to above has a chamber in it to assist with exhaust scavenging which subsequently creates some tone.

1. The turbo will take away the Mustang sound. I thought I already made this point... :Zip2:

2. With a turbo you do NOT want a chambered muffler. You want a straight through muffler

3. Bassani mufflers do NOT have a chamber in them. They are 100% straight through. Call them and argue your fact with them.

Here is a video of my turbo SN95...where is yours?

YouTube - CAMMED Turbo 5.0

A straight through muffler is going to cause you to lose the mustang sound. I had Loudmouth II's which had excellent fitment and sounded great above 3k rpm - anything below that and it sounded like doo doo.

Really? Guess someone should tell my car that.

Magnapacks (does not get more straight through then that) Bassani X pipe with cats.

YouTube - 94 Cobra Bassani X pipe w/ Cats, Magnapacks

YouTube - 94 Mustang Cobra drive by

I disagree. I run a straight through muffler, and I think it sounds better. Chambered mufflers drone too much at highway speeds, and they rob horsepower. I would definately go for a straight through muffler on a turbo car. Like I said before, if your exhaust doesn't sound beefy enough, it's because you haven't put enough engine in front of it.

Kurt

Back when I first converted over to a turbo setup I had kept the flows on temporarily until could figure out something else. The damn car sounded stock with them on! Serious sleeper for sure! I will say however they robbed me (by my SOTP meter) of some serious horsepower and increased turbo lag quite significantly. So I fabbed up some straight pipes to bypass the flows and have been running it like that since. :nice:

Twin Turbo Mustang Crisin'- Video

Millhouse, that doesn't sound bad... you can hear the turbo's out the exhaust sooo sexy. What's it like driving a turbo car? I'm patiently waiting for mine to come in.

Thanks! Really, it doesn’t sound too bad….and it allows you to hear all of the turbo’s.

As far as what it’s like…..well, it pulls like a mutha!!!! Seriously, it’s unique for sure….and you’ll soon find any weak links in your combo as it will push the limits of everything you have. I will say that you quickly appreciate the need for sticky tires. While my Nitto drag radials were great for both the street and strip before the twins, it was fairly easy to spin them afterwards (I can only imagine what a regular radial tire would be like…..yikes!!!!!). I recently swapped the rears down to 15x8’s from 17x8’s accompanied by skinny 235 60 15 mt drag radials. Even with the much narrower tread witdh, they hook FAR better than the Nitto’s. What you see in the video are the Nitto’s.