What color to pain headers??? gimme you input.

bjl95mustang

Founding Member
Jan 18, 2000
Austin,TX
Ok, my engine block and intake are painted aliminum color. I have aluminum heads. and the rest of the brackets and upper intake are black. What color should I paint my headers? I was planning on aluminum color but I was thinking should I do a color that stands out? Give me you input on what might look cool.

Brandon

• Sponsors (?)

FUNNY STORY

my buddy has a 87 monte carlo with a very nice 355 in it and he wanted to paint his headers.
he spent all day masking it off buying this nice paint high temp and painting them prefect.

started it up and it last like .3334 of a second and was all burnt off lol that blows :notnice:

hope yours hold

dan

I did that ages ago and it didn't last for beans... it was all burned off after driving for jsut 15 minutes... granted not on a mustang but on some cast iron manifolds for an 88 dakota when i was 18...

DO NOT paint them. I painted mine black with 1200 degree paint and it didn't last 1 min. It all flaked off and now there is a white powdery residue they keeps coming off of them and getting everywhere. I even sand blasted them which helps bond the paint. I was pissed.