What color to paint my car?

• Sponsors (?)

I took a picture of my car the other day and the color looks VERY cool in my opinion. its a black green. I am seriously thinking about getting my car painted this color. My car is actually deep forrest green. Heres the pic im talking about. And no those arent wheel spacers, I was just messing around.
View attachment 477664

Joe 5.0 said:
You guys need to understand though its not my only car. I dont drive it in the rain too much at all, and NEVER in the snow. I have my Acura for that.
whoa... we both have a Mustang and an Acura... wild... i have a 2004 Acura RSX...

anyway... just to share... I had a black 1994 Acura Integra GS-R... and that thing was my last attempt at a black car... I washed it one day to go out that night... by the time i went out that night, it had already accumulated a noticable amount of dust that i left finger marks on the door handle... that was the final straw... (this was in an underground parking garage, btw)...

eufo said:
whoa... we both have a Mustang and an Acura... wild... i have a 2004 Acura RSX...

anyway... just to share... I had a black 1994 Acura Integra GS-R... and that thing was my last attempt at a black car... I washed it one day to go out that night... by the time i went out that night, it had already accumulated a noticable amount of dust that i left finger marks on the door handle... that was the final straw... (this was in an underground parking garage, btw)...

That will happen with ANY dark colored car....and 30 seconds of that california duster will fix that. I LOVE my duster....it STAYS in the trunk:nice:

Well I stopped by the bodyshop today to get a final price for the apint job, and I'm in a dilemna.

To do a panel-off paint job where they basically paint EVERYTHING in the new color its gonna be $5k+, to just repaint in laser red and fix some body damage its gonna be $2500. I dont think I can justify an extra 42500 just to have it a cool lookin black color.

Now, they can (but are not very happy) to do a standard paint job without taking the panels off. The problem is that i would have to like paint the doorjams, underhood, inner fenders, and trunklid underside black. Then also behind every molding it will still be red, which is kind of jankety.

So, I CAN make it black, and it'll look nice, but it wont be 100% 'the right way'.

I think I'm just gonna stick with laser red, have a brand new looking car, and put that $2k into the suspension.