what color would YOU want your GT40P heads?

Pulled some GT40p's from the junk yard yesterday to practice powder coating on and sell them on eBay. Trying to decide on what color to do them in - I thought about something wild like a Candy transulent blue with metallic just to grab attention on eBay and maybe fetch a higher price, but I don't think most Mustang guys would be too crazy about that.

Ideas? Pics?

• Sponsors (?)

Don't powdercoat heads. The powdercoat acts as an insulator since it's ceramic based.

High temp paint is all I would want on my heads.

Either silver (aluminum) or dark grey (cast steel) would be the colors I want

Don't powdercoat heads. The powdercoat acts as an insulator since it's ceramic based.

Either silver (aluminum) or dark grey (cast steel) would be the colors I want

Their not for me, otherwise I would not powder coat them. Also, powder is not ceramic based, but it does insulate slightly more than regular paint, but not too much more.

I'm thinking about doing this, although I wouldn't want mine like this, I have just never done it before and I think it would be an attention grabber:

It's a candy blue over silver vein/hammertone:

bluesilver001.jpg

bluesilver002.jpg

bluesilver004.jpg

5L5, I just did some research and found some info and articles where tests have shown that a powder coated part actually dissipates heat more effectively than a part with liquid paint, although a completely uncoated part dissipates heat the best.

Anywho, I ended up doing the like the in the pics above, the blue over silver vein. Will post some pics later.

Did you go to my Cardomain page, lol. Exactly what I did.

510784_333_full.jpg

510784_338_full.jpg

510784_340_full.jpg

HAHA. No I didn't but IMO that always looks the best. Maybe because I like stock-like appearance 5.0L engines with some fresh paint like that. :nice:

I should have done that to my 5.0L motor, but my 91 notch was like a contest against me and myself to see how fast I could swap it over. Now when I pop the hood on Hack Job vs. my 91, I'm like man, I should have waited and painted my 5.0L like I did my 4.6L engine.