what do I have?? (pics)

JPstealth

Nov 21, 2007
Nothern NJ
I just bought a 00 GT with 59k miles. Got a steal on it, car is very clean inside and out. The guy I bought it from only put a thousand miles on it since he bought it from the dealer because he couldn't afford the insurance and it was just sitting in his driveway as he was paying off the loan so i helped out with getting rid of it. :D It was a trade in so i have no idea whats done to the car.

there are a bunch of stickers on the hood which i know could mean anything but i see CP pistons and manley rods among other things. Is there anyway to tell if has engine work other then tearing it apart?

So far i have found:
4.10 gears
Reichard Racing intake manifold
C&L intake
a short throw shifter
some sort of LT headers that are pretty rusted looking
whats looks like a custom H-pipe with cats
a custom 3"catback
it's definitly lowered.. red springs?
the struts/shocks are blue in front and silver in the rear

here are some pics its need a good cleaning I know
anyone spot anything else?

Also, the car is running lean.. and even with new IAC it still idles erratically.. since it has a new manifold would a vacuum leak be the culprit?
2441480210049369930S425x425Q85.jpg

2217905690049369930S425x425Q85.jpg

2173777520049369930S425x425Q85.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

A vacuum leak would cause a crappy idle. Spray some carb cleaner around the hoses, etc., and see if the idle changes. It could be all sorts of things really but I'd try that first then I'd try cleaning the MAF.

Looks pretty clean, but hard to tell from the pics...

Since the lowering springs are red, it could be Eibach Sportlines, but doesnt look like a sportline drop...Arent Mac springs red? Blue struts could be Tokico's, & the silver ones are either KYB's, or I think maybe QA1's are silver?

well who's to say? clean carfax... but from what i see the engine runs fine and its in great condition so someone took care of it. also u cant beat the 6,600 i paid for it :D just in time for xmas

That is a steal bro!!!! Good find...I was just saying its beat on because it came with the mods (Reichard intake, 410s, C&L, 3" exhaust etc.). Most likely they drove it like a stangs supposed to be driven...:D Does it run strong?

That is a steal bro!!!! Good find...I was just saying its beat on because it came with the mods (Reichard intake, 410s, C&L, 3" exhaust etc.). Most likely they drove it like a stangs supposed to be driven...:D Does it run strong?

when i bought it.. there was a hesitation/misfire in cyl 4(which is why the guy sold it for so cheap).. 8 plugs and a cop later.. the car pulls clean and hard all the way to red line with no problems.

The headers could be Flowtech, they tend to rust alot and fast lol.. ok well maybe mine just suck cuz i live in nice rainy washington but yea lol...

How does the power feel? it has to have some good power with the mods...

the car definitely moves.. although its hard since the jerk off snow in NJ so i really haven't driven her more then 300 miles since i got the car (2 weeks ago)

Well....gotta get the 1st post out of the way. I just bought an 01 gt convertible. looks like you got a real good deal on yours (very nice car BTW...) I've been on NLOC since 02 (I have a 94 Lightning with a FEW mods....LOL) As far as I know,mine is bone stock,except Flowmasters and some really cool Flowmaster enscribed tips. Anyway,congrats on your find.
Dee

Well....gotta get the 1st post out of the way. I just bought an 01 gt convertible. looks like you got a real good deal on yours (very nice car BTW...) I've been on NLOC since 02 (I have a 94 Lightning with a FEW mods....LOL) As far as I know,mine is bone stock,except Flowmasters and some really cool Flowmaster enscribed tips. Anyway,congrats on your find.
Dee

Sorry to be off the subject...but, welcome to the site, & btw, post #'s dont count in talk, not sure why, but they dont on Stangnet....Congrats on your new ride too...

If you wanna know exactly what's done to it go to the dealership the last owner bought it from and try to track down the original owner, the dealership shouldn't have any problem contacting them or giving their number to you (which is lame actually, I had some dumb redneck lady call me about my Focus like a week after I sold it saying she bought it and wanted to know if it was modded at all lol).

Sounds like you got a steal, congrats!