what do you guys think?

95five-oh

Jun 25, 2006
Mount Airy, MD
I went to a local parts warehouse/salvage yard today looking for a 5.0L exploder to score some parts off of. I found a '98 with an intact engine and about 140,000 miles. The manager said he would sell me both heads (GT40p's) and the upper/lower intake for $300, and they will do the removal. Is this a reasonable deal? They did say that the exploder had been junked as a result of some kind of engine failure. whadda ya think?

• Sponsors (?)

yeah, DO IT, DO IT

2.jpg

awesome guys thanks for the advice. I'll likely go back this week and pick them up. I thought $300 sounded good but wanted a few other opinions. If i can get them this week i'll post some pics thurs. or friday.

EDIT: I already have bbk unequal length ceramic shorties that i really don't want to part with. what can i do to make them work with the P heads or are they compatible already?

well i just bought the upper/lower intake today for $70. the heads as it turned out were not the 'p' heads and had almost 150k on them so i ended up passing on that. i'll put some pics of the intake up tomorow or sat.