What do you perfer Demon or AED?

I'm having my nitrous finished at the shop and My demon was too small. So I needed a bigger carb. I was talking to a friend in N.C. and he said that Demon's are for camaro's or the garbage can, and that AED is the bad boy over there. So I just bought a AED, but Jimmy and Timmy at the shop are pitching me crap about this. So I thought I would see what other people like. :shrug:
:lol:

• Sponsors (?)

We had tons of problems with Demons when I worked at Honest Performance, We got some that had sand in them, ball bearings, you name it. If was F"ed up.

after a bunch of those, it was a Holley SA or AED

I have to admit their marking nitch is marvelous. The main problem with most Holley’s and their derivatives is that people expect that they can bolt on a new carb and it will run like a champ with only adjusting the idle mix screws. (so its really not a problem with the product, more like the user) So Demon have a tiered setup that comes with different power valve, jets, etc, that if you follow their selection criteria it will bolt on so the tune is in the ballpark and most ignorant enthusiasts think they are set.

It really just caters to the enthusiasts that can’t swap a power valve.

when you got a good one they seemed to work great, but...

Final note: I love AED's, never had a problem with them

and one of my buddies that use to work at WW said they were getting all sorts of issues with Demons that were not machined well. eep

...which is 95% of the bad time I have been giving you:p

Yeah I know e-bay sucks sometimes, at least you guy's are funny about it. It really does piss me off when places do things like this. If I wasn't in a hurry for it, I would of had It 3 days later, but instead this is what I get. But I guess jess got a tracking number finally and it will be here tomorrow. :nice:

I got a call this morning from my dad asking if I knew anyone looking for a 750 Demon, he claims it has AED stamped in it but I cant find any info on them ever modifying Demons. Weird:shrug: I thought it was pretty ironic he called out of the blue asking though.

I just hope since you bought it on eBay it really is a AED not a AFB:rlaugh:

I got a call this morning from my dad asking if I knew anyone looking for a 750 Demon, he claims it has AED stamped in it but I cant find any info on them ever modifying Demons. Weird:shrug: I thought it was pretty ironic he called out of the blue asking though.

I just hope since you bought it on eBay it really is a AED not a AFB:rlaugh:

LOL, that is pretty wierd, unless someone had bought some aed parts and they fit (I don't know though). That is pretty funny that he just calls and asks about it.

Oh yeah if it is a AFB when it arrives, I'm giving it to the goodwill. :rlaugh:

LOL, that is pretty wierd, unless someone had bought some aed parts and they fit (I don't know though). That is pretty funny that he just calls and asks about it.

Oh yeah if it is a AFB when it arrives, I'm giving it to the goodwill. :rlaugh:

Most (not all) AED parts fit holleys, demons, etc.

I think most holley rebuild kits I have used in my life have been AED.