What do you think of this set up?

I'm planning on building a motor in the next few months and I wanted some opinions. My plan is to build a 347 with a kenne bell S/C @ about 9 psi and AFR heads, amongst other mods. I'm set on running the S/C. Will these heads work out well with the KB S/C? Anybody have experience with this set up or have a better suggestion?

:flag:

• Sponsors (?)

If you plan on using a KB blower, you realize you only can use a stock lower or a cobra/gt40 style lower right?

That set up will run good but what block do you plan on using? I would do a centrifugal blower instead as they'll make more power mid-high end. The afr heads will work great but they are not "the best heads on the market" lol.

That sounds like a good setup, but which blower are you going to use? THe 1.7 or the 2.2? I would go with the 2.2 for the 347. I have been told by others on this site that with a 347 your not going to be able to run much more than 8-9#'s because it will become inefficient after that. I forget who told me but I think it was daggar...maybe he can chme in and explain why :cheers:

a 347 is going to need a T trim or equivalent.

And you are likely going to exceed the stock fuel system if you use a T trim on an afr 185 347ci. Price on this project may reach over 15,000 on the engine alone. Done right with a dart or r 302, even more cash.

And on a stock block? You'd be lucky to get it to make it through a dyno run.

^ he can use a blowzilla, but he is limited with boost. BTW is a T trim better or worse than an S trim...I am a little confused with all the different vortech trims... S, SC, YSI, T arrghhh!!!!! :cheers: